Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 07:10 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

yamaha yzr m1 valencia(rossi)

hi guys,

i've reached to the naked part of the bike, so here are the pics of it.

i was unable to complete the fairings & the fuel tank on time as the sun went down sooner than i thought in the late afternoon. i need your help here. i sometimes do have problem covering the putty spot when i use the bright colours but in this case, since the paint scheme is white, can i have some help here on how to handle this problem? the pic of the fairing & the fuel tank with some putty spot is shown below.

i forgot to add, the only part which is the letdown so far is the top tail where the black spot is. i think my finger must have pressed on the decal & moved it off positioned without knowing it. by the time i realised it just now, it's too late to move the decal.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:23 AM   #2
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Re: yamaha yzr m1 valencia(rossi)

You must get yourself some primer Adrian. It's flat paint that covers and let you see any mistakes you've done during puttying. Trying to cover the putty with the final color is seldom a good idea as they sometimes aren't opaque. If you can't get hold of primer, use regular white or grey flat paint. Use grey primer first to spot anything that has to be fixed. If you are going to use black as final color you can leave the parts primed grey otherwise cover the grey primer with white primer to give a better base for the final layers of paint.
Finally, not priming will probably give you a weird look of the paint as you don't have an even surface to begin with. You'll end up with differnet shades so to speak. Hope that gives you some guidance.
/Joel
Old 03-11-2007, 05:14 AM   #3
ace91
AF Regular

Re: yamaha yzr m1 valencia(rossi)

joel, i've tried to put primer on it but somehow i couldn't fully cover up the putty marks. i'll try again on the next bike which would involve bright colours.

anyway, here are the photos of the completed model. i would've displayed it earlier this morning but the server is down from early yesterday night until this time.

for rossi's no & trademark logos, it used the other half of the msm creation which i took after finishing the us version. the only hard part would be the stripe that goes to the inner part of the side fairings but overall, it's not hard to do.

i'm now halfway through making the yoshimura hayabusa & i think i may reach to the naked bike part. since the weather today is not scorching as last few days & it's getting late when i'm writing this, i'll work on the tail & the fairings if i have time before & after work. this is my first street bike i'm making(though actually it's not the first as i've made vfr 500 but it's quite ugly since i made it when i was a small kid & didn't have any basic modeling knowledge).

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes