Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2001, 10:19 AM   #1
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
What cars do you and your family have?

Keep going...try to keep it clean this time, eh?

Old 09-01-2001, 03:22 PM   #2
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

thanks i'm just glad everything's all cleared up.... I'm still gunna try to get those pictures so that nobody has any doubts

I'm happy to get back to my posting
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 12:10 PM   #3
moe182
AF Enthusiast

1997 SL 500 (Dads)
2000 S500 (Dads)
2000 VW Jetta (sisters)
2001 Acura CL 3.2 (moms)
And hopefully soon a 2002 Celica GT-S (soon to be mine)
moe182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 10:54 PM   #4
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

you got an SL500 too... that's coo
have you driven it? I think it's a sweet ass ride, i drive my dad's ever chance i get
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
Old 09-09-2001, 12:57 AM   #5
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Yea I drive it when i can.....its a great car for what it is. Its not a sports car by any means, i mean its just too heavy to handle/accelerate like one....its 4200 lbs car....Its a GT Luxury cruiser with a enough "sport" in it to make old people (like our fathers, and ppl who dont know cars) think that it IS a sports car...Its great daily driver (which is what its meant to be) in the fact that when you want the car to be quite civil, it can...and when you want it to roar and spin the tires it will.....The new 2003 SL is supposed to be alot more nimble then this one...
Old 09-09-2001, 07:59 PM   #6
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

my dad only uses it as a fun car.... he only drives it in the summer
Old 09-09-2001, 08:04 PM   #7
moe182
AF Enthusiast

Samething with my dad.....we're (my family) convinced that its his mid-life crisis car. Which is fine, he deserves it. Hell he went from being on welfare, to a sucessful business man.
Old 09-09-2001, 08:17 PM   #8
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

that's quite a change!

i think my dad's been wealthy all his life so no success story there
Old 09-09-2001, 10:00 PM   #9
hermunn123
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hermunn123
hahahaha, thats pretty funny. i dont like sl500's too much. maybe if AMG ripped off 1000 lbs and made it handle and accelerate i'd like it.

Please impede from anathematizing me just because I elocute loquacious locutions more Brobdingnaging than one could elucidate with a perspicacity as Lilliputian as your own.
hermunn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2001, 10:47 PM   #10
moe182
AF Enthusiast

They did.
The next generation SL's (2003) are going to be 300 Kg's lighter then this model, and the SL 55 AMG is suposedly going to be super charged to the sweet sound of 400-450 horses or so i hear. Hell they saved 33lbs on the hood alone. They're not bad cars. They're just not geared to performence, as much as lets say Porsche is (or at least this generations)....I mean you can get the SL 600 up to a good 550 hp if ya send it to RENNtech.....
Old 09-10-2001, 10:08 PM   #11
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

well it has 302hp, so it aint that bad.... I think it handles great, just not as quick as a lighter car

still does 0-60mph in like 6s, that aint too shabby.... it's a performance oriented luxury car

but i still don't think it's worth a $100,000

well then again it is totally loaded with crazy options, it has lots of cool things.....
Old 09-10-2001, 10:13 PM   #12
Heep
AF Fanatic

How much did the model before that cost (the late 70's and 80's one)? Cause, compared to the newer ones, they are friggin everywhere. Not that it's a bad thing, but they must have costed an awful lot less for them to be that popular.

Old 09-11-2001, 12:27 PM   #13
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

they're really popular cause they're a status symbol, so all older people who have money want one to show people they have money

that's why i want my dad to buy somethin new, cause i don't like that image... makes us look snobby
Old 09-11-2001, 03:38 PM   #14
Porsche
Pretty much amazing

Send a message via MSN to Porsche
Lotus! Lotus! Lotus!

ec437 on grammar;
Quote:
Originally Posted by ec437
I'd've
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2strokebloke
Any car built by "Dr. Technology" is probably not worth $5000
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2001, 04:10 PM   #15
Heep
AF Fanatic

Yeah, but they sold a ton more older models than with the 90's one...why'd they all buy back then and not now?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General