Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
View Poll Results: Which car is better and has more 'bang' for the buck?
Lamborghini Gallardo 5 45.45%
Ford GT 6 54.55%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2004, 11:18 AM   #1
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

I just want to know which car you think is better, then post it and vote on it. Personally I think the Ford GT is better because both the GT and the Gallardo are in the same price range, but you get more bang for the buck with the Ford GT.

3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Looking for any Pontiac 1979 and earlier
"In order to establish a sportscar, you have to race it." -Zora Duntov
"There's no replacement for displacement"
Super Duty- Everything a Pontiac ought to be (until Ford swiped the name for it's truck line.)

Last edited by 1965PontiacGTO; 02-07-2004 at 01:09 PM.
1965PontiacGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187
Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

yes, the gt has better acceleration. but then again, their numbers are so close that it comes down to the all subjective looks and brand preference. i personally much rather have a lamborghini than a ford and i think that the gallardo looks much better than the gt. repeating, that is all subjective.

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to freakonaleash1187 For This Useful Post:
markothemechanics (06-18-2016)
Old 02-07-2004, 12:38 PM   #3
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

i agree now that I've taken a more detailed look into the statistics of both the Gallardo and the GT they are remarkably close, I'd like to see those two cars go head to head any day.
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Super Duty- Everything a Pontiac ought to be (until Ford swiped the name for it's truck line.)
Old 02-07-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
Lamborsari_Merbini
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via AIM to Lamborsari_Merbini Send a message via MSN to Lamborsari_Merbini

lamborghini here for sure. the stats are similar, but the gallardo has a better look(to me), not to mention you get the name lamborghini, as opposed to ford. i would kill to have a lamborghini in my garage even if its a lamborghini tercel(i hope audi never comes to that though). so yeah i'd take the lamborghini here
Lamborsari_Merbini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:00 PM   #5
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster

I honestly don't know- I know the Gallardo is a car that can cope with all kinds of roads with a shitload of refinement, nobody yet knows a hell of a lot about the Ford GT.

But I fancy my chances of getting a Gallardo better than I do a GT and the GT is Ford being Ford, so I'll take the Lambo, I guess.

Though I wish the thing'd come with RWD and Carbonfibre

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:12 PM   #6
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for post, now that I think about it more Ford is "ford", you know what I mean I think I'd like to say I have a Lamborghini more than saying I have a Ford, although the Ford GT has More HP and torque.
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Old 02-07-2004, 07:09 PM   #7
freakonaleash1187
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to freakonaleash1187 Send a message via MSN to freakonaleash1187

yes, if lambo got rid of the awd, it would be a much much better car. it doesnt always matter if you have more hp, it also depends if you can use it better. take ferrari for example, they use what hp they have to its fullest. plus, i dont like the idea that ford slaps a supercharger on their fast cars (i.e. cobra and gt).

ZedEx Crew Member #2
freakonaleash1187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 07:40 PM   #8
crayzayjay
CFA

Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

A more fitting opponent for the Gallardo is probably the 996TT - i was gonna make a thread but couldnt be bothered - but this is an interesting comparo nonetheless

I would have probably gone for the Gallardo over the Ford GT before reading this month's issue of evo, where they do pit a Gallardo against a 996Turbo. I expected it to be a one-sided contest, what with the Lambo packing an extra 60 bhp/ton, but not so...
The 996TT draws first blood in two areas: steering feel (no surprise since the Gallardo's effectively an Audi), and brake pedal feel, criticising the Gallardo's 'mushy' brake pedal. Not what you expect in a £120k supercar. Well maybe you could live with that, but i wouldnt. Very disappointing start, and to my surprise, the 996TT, the least pure of all current 911's is said to feel more "organic" than the Lambo. It also proves faster than the Gallardo on tight roads and is more confidence inspiring on fast sweepers, where the Lambo "creates an element of doubt". "The grip is there but it's a bit of a leap of faith".
Both cars get a 5* rating and the Gallardo dubiously wins the test because of its "engine and great chassis" but the picture painted isn't exactly of a perfectly sorted car.

So at these early stages, it seems the Gallardo isnt what it should be, and like Jimster, I wish they would have made it RWD, like the Ford GT. The GT gets my nod; believe me when i say i would have never thought i'd pick a Ford over a Lambo... even im still struggling to believe it...
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 09:19 PM   #9
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, it's kind of hard to conjure, wanting to say you have a Ford and not the Lamborghini(who would of guessed anyone would say that,including me?) If you think about it the 996TT would be an interesting match too.
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Old 02-08-2004, 07:26 AM   #10
Deakins
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayzayjay
... It also proves faster than the Gallardo on tight roads and is more confidence inspiring on fast sweepers ...
Journalists can't drive.. The Gallardo is faster than both the Turbo and the GT3. And on tighter tracks it's even faster than the GT2.

As for the GT, wheter it can compare with the Gallardo, 360 and the 911 performance wise, the price and availability killed it's chance of success over here.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:58 AM   #11
crayzayjay
CFA

Gallardo vs 996TT comparo here so we don't take this one too far OT.

Deakins, you think the Ford GT is too expensive?
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:18 PM   #12
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lamborghini Gallardo vs. Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakins
As for the GT, wheter it can compare with the Gallardo, 360 and the 911 performance wise, the price and availability killed it's chance of success over here.
Its only the first year, give it some time. Yeah their are only 101 GTs going to Europe, and over 2,000 people have already requested for one, its availability is diddly squat. But there is without a doubt a very high demand for it in Europe vs. supply. For any chance of success, there needs to be a demand for the car, and the GT so far isn't having problems there.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #13
1965PontiacGTO
AF Enthusiast

I didn't know it was in such high demand in Europe, not that its surprising, but which do you like more the GT or the Gallardo?
3. 1969 Pontiac GTO
Old 02-08-2004, 01:00 PM   #14
TexasF355F1
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to TexasF355F1
These two cars have two seperate purposes. And should not be compared.
Old 02-08-2004, 01:05 PM   #15
Kurtdg19
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Kurtdg19
Which car do I like better? The Gallardo is probably one of the best looking cars I've seen, but I'm also a fan of the GT style. I especially like the big whiteface letters on the tires, it futher extends on the muscle look of the GT. At the end of the day, I would probably end up in the GT's seat.

For one its rwd, thats a definate for me. Awd of the Gallardo doesn't grab my attention for it. I would much rather prefer to see it as a rwd vehicle. I'm a bit curious, does the Lambo share the same awd setup as the rest of the Audi lineup? That may explain why all the new Lambo's are awd. IMO driving a rwd car is a more involving experience, than an awd setup. Its merely my matter of preference behind it, nothing more.

Second, its got mean acceleration, and from what I heard, it can handle as well as any other high end European sportscar. In the GT, whether your at a stoplight, on the interstate, or taking it to a track, it can provide a thrill in any of these scenarios.

The cost is more than justifiable as is the rest of its competition. If the price were any lower you'd get the tradition cheap Ford argument. So in return, I'm glad to see it priced at where it is. Their are some specifics that I'm not entirly content with, but no matter, it would still be a great car to drive. GT gets my vote.
Kurtdg19 is offline   Reply With Quote