Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Plymouth > Breeze
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 05:55 AM   #1
cookie2cute
AF Newbie

Car goes by itself

Hi everyone...I posted a reply to another thread because it was a similar problem....but I dont think I will get any response doing it that way...I bought a 89 acclaim a couple of weeks ago and it seemed to run pretty good...A couple of days ago I noticed that the idling was getting a little twitchy and then from out of nowhere as I am driving down a busy street the rpms start racing and the car just flew ...it felt like I had put it on high speed cruise control...Since then it continues to sputter and stall and then it seems to just rev at these high rpms and tapping the accelerator doesnt help...I am a female and not to be politically incorrert, my knowledge in the car department doest extend too far past how to operate the radio..Thats not true...but I could use some input from anyway with some advise....Thank you
cookie2cute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 05:22 PM   #2
pcv
AF Regular

WHAT SIZE MOTOR IS IN IT? lOOKS LIKE YOU MAY HAVE A POPPED OUT VACUUM HOSE. lOOK AROUND THE ENGINE AREA AND SEE IF YOU CAN SEE ANY HOSE LYING AROUND, ESPECIALLY AROUND THE PCV AREA.
Old 11-02-2003, 08:51 PM   #3
caddyman379
AF Regular

Question re:acceleration

i doubt you could do this yourself, BUT, chances are its air in the fuel line or the butterfly on the carbeurator needs to be replaced.
eitherway, you should take it too a garage if your knowledge is limited
caddyman379 is offline   Reply With Quote