Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
deanandamee
AF Newbie

07 overheating but the temp gauge is fine

the engine light comes on and the wrench. Car doesn't get up to speed going up hills when this happens. One time it would not go over 30 without a whining noise. It's happened now 3 x's in 10 days.

First time the radiator cap was not on securely. Apparently that must have been from the shop because I have only had it for 10 weeks. Which is 2 weeks over the warranty and 2K miles over warranty also. Just my luck.

Doesn't happen every day, appears to be on hot days. When it's cool in the 50's or 60's I'm fine. First happened when it was high 90's. Then today its about 80.

Any help would be appreciated.
deanandamee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: 07 overheating but the temp gauge is fine

Have you checked the level of the coolant? If there is an air pocket in the cooling system your head temperature sensors may be picking up an excessive temp and putting your car in heat pump mode (hence the lack of power).

You'll also want to make sure your electric cooling fan is working. Which model of car do you have, an MKZ?

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
deanandamee
AF Newbie

Re: 07 overheating but the temp gauge is fine

I have an 07 MKZ. Coolant level is good, open the bleeder valve in case there was any air. Took to Napa and had the codes read, P2762 and P2764. Has to do with Torque Converter Clutch, Pressure Control Solenoid, Control Circuit Low.

Most likely will be paying a visit to the dealership. Just bought it 10 weeks ago, turned in my 05 Merc Mountaineer w/ 140K miles on it with no issues, for something better on gas w/ AWD. Only had 38K on MKZ. Now thinking it wasn't a good idea. Hoping this is the last issue for a while.
deanandamee is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Lincoln > LS | MKZ