Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-2
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
attica85
AF Regular

Arrow dmc...2?

ok, wait... from what i've read on this forum is that 'someone' is building a new DeLorean and that its going to be 1500lbs with a 250-270hpmid-engine six cylinder power plant.
>
>
uhhh....IF they pull this off (which makes me curiously drool) they would have beaten the sh!t out of the lotus elise, which is highly unlikely; they would have murdered a stock 2nd gen mr2, which has never been done before for under 30grand; and would make every one forget about crappy fieros (which aren't mid engine but some think so ) if they havn't allready.
>
I noticed that no one mentioned turbo, and if that is a mod possibility they would be a very high performance vehicle with over 1000 hp capability (depending on engine manufacturer) and/or still have amazing handling.....
not sold yet....still highly skeptical with all of this wrist watch confusion and are there no pictures, prototypes, drawings to back all this talk?
attica85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Marc-OS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Marc-OS Send a message via AIM to Marc-OS
the expensive version of the dmc2 is supposed to have a 13L V12, which would kick pretty much everythings ass. but it really doesn't look like a new delorean is going to be made.

4/8/04 - My CRX is officially dead, RIP Lucy
Marc-OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
attica85
AF Regular

Re: dmc...2?

the expensive version would suck as compared to the more.."realistic" version...
>
13L V12!?!....common that would screw up any road racing capabilities even everyday driving wouldn't be fun, all that power for what...stop..go..stop..go. i know its a status symbol but the six cyl would do it.
>
I know there is no proof of producing the 2nd gen because who would with whos money but it would be an awesome thing to see done.
attica85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 06:19 AM   #4
drrastovac
AF Newbie

Re: dmc...2?

When I see DeLorean or heard that name, I always remember of the movie back to the future.
drrastovac is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > DeLorean > DMC-2