Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Citroen > Xm
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
citroens
AF Newbie

Post Re: What's the XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagreath
I used to own an XM - V6 SEI.
When it was going it was a fantastic car, the ride was second to none, and it was quick too. You would be on the highway cruising along and before you knew it you were doing 100 mph. The fastest I ever took it too was 145 mph (235 kms/h) and there was still some left to go.
Unfortunately I had many problems, first the engine developed an oil leak into the coolant system, then the transmission failed, I got it back on the road and eventually sold it. i was still a little sad to see it go.
Citroen cars have the best ride with the hydro-elastic suspension and one of the coolest features on the XM was that you could switch the ride in an instant from comfy highway style suspension to harder sportier suspension that would take corners like it was on rails.
I live in Canada now and most people here have never seen a Citroen of any description.
Well thats enough reminiscing for now............
Hi ,
I live in Canada too and have 3 x Citroens, one being the 1986 CX sedan with the Douverin engine, the second one is a 1988 CX TRI Safari Auto and the third hopefully arriving soon a 1990 XM 3 Litre V6 with the self centering steering. You can have Citroens in Canada too if you wanted to.

regards
citroens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:19 AM   #17
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: What's the XM

You have an XM ? In Canada ? There was 20 XM sold in North America at maximum, it's quite rare over there. Do you have some pics ?

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 10:39 PM   #18
citroens
AF Newbie

Post Re: What's the XM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefanel1
You have an XM ? In Canada ? There was 20 XM sold in North America at maximum, it's quite rare over there. Do you have some pics ?
Hi, I have many pictures of the Citroens I have at present, the only thing is I am not sure how I would post it here, I do not have a webpage, but I have many pictures on my Macintosh that I could perhaps send you direct, unless you can show me a way to upload pictures here.
b.t.w the XM is a 3 Litre V6 with cloth interior it is an early model 1990 which has the deravi powered steering, Hydraactive 1 suspension system, the latter XM's did not come with this feature I have heard. Also the latter XM's were 24 Valve, yours may have been that, however I have heard that the 24 valve engine camshaft used to churn and give problems, hence the reason I would stay away from them.
I recently had a 1988 CX TRI 5-speed on the ebay.com for sale it did not meet my reserve, hence a private collector from Long Island came and bought it.
I still have another one but it is an automatic.

regards
citroens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:17 AM   #19
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: What's the XM

My father had an XM V6 too, the station wagon, 12 valves 170hp, bought in 1992. A very good car with a comfort and an handling exceptionnals. He had also some CX but I don't remember, I was too young.

To post a picture, go to "Gallery" (on the top of the page, between "Forums" and "Articles"). The login if it's not done (top right of the page). Then click on "Upload photos" and finally, when it's done, you copy the link and you paste it in your message.
Very boring to do but quite easy. Give attention to the size of your photo, if it is too big, you will have to resize it smaller.
Good luck btw !

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:54 AM   #20
paul_houle
AF Newbie

Thumbs up Re: What's the XM

Source: Citroen Photos
paul_houle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #21
paul_houle
AF Newbie