Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #1
Intrigue2000
AF Newbie

2000 Intrigue V6 Twin Cami

is this car street racable would i be able to win races with that?
Intrigue2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:22 AM   #2
Hoppy2
AF Regular

Re: 2000 Intrigue V6 Twin Cami

If you are into racing 4 door sedans I guess so.

Why don't you buy a Mustang or Camaro if you are interested in racing?
Hoppy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
dtownfb
AF Regular

My guess is this engine could be modified. but since it was a limited production engine, I doubt there is much on the aftermarket to help. In stock form, this engine is geared more toward fuel efficiency rather than speed.
dtownfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 02:32 PM   #4
LittleHoov
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LittleHoov

In top running condition, the car would probably be capable of high 15s in the 1/4 mile, it would be easier with the 3.29 gearing. I do mean high 15s like .8 or .9

There arent many mods you can do either besides basic intake and exhaust. From there everything is going to be completely custom.

You would be able to beat most ricers and thats about it. By that I mean non-turboed 4 bangers with little more than a 6-inch folgers can exhaust tip.

There are a few sedans that can be modded out to be pretty fast, but it takes money. Getting something that was built for speed to begin with would be a big help.

Or better yet, dont street race, its an excellent way to injure or kill yourself or worse yet someone else.
LittleHoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:13 AM   #5
harmankardon35
AF Regular

gotta love the old folders can exhaust! adds plenty of horsepower! Street racing is dumb no matter what way you look at it, and this car is really not track worthy (unless you strip down all the weight right to the frame!) its a quick car but don't expect much to race it...especially with the 4t65e transmission. Its a smooth as butter transmission that does not like to be beat on unless modified to firm up the shifts...
harmankardon35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 06:27 AM   #6
Hoppy2
AF Regular

First off, why race a family car? I can see maybe putting a new stereo in it, but other than that the Intrigue is an excellent performer in my mind and it does not need to be "Souped-Up" The handling, performance of the suspension and the 215 horses under the hood make this car fairly well rounded.

Like I mentioned before, if you want something to race, get something that is meant to be modified and handle better. There are plenty of Japanese cars, not to mention North American sports cars and muscle cars.

I could never understand the reasoning behind souping up a Cavalier type car either. Same with dropping a pickup truck to 4" off the ground, which makes it useless as a truck.

Oh well, my opinion
Hoppy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Intrigue