Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 08:51 AM   #1
WillPaxton
AF Newbie

Ground Locations 1995 Olds Aurora

Hello Folks and thanks in advance for any assistance.

I've owned this 1995 Aurora since 1998 and has been a good car with just minor mechanical issues. Recently it's been having electrical issues (at times once started the dash and computer display have no power). It starts every time, will drive but again nothing on dash (except ABS or check engine) I've spent dozens of hours researching this issue.

At times you can start it many times in a row with no problems, other times you may have to start / turn off and restart 5-6 times before electronics begin working. NOTE : once they are working will always be fine no matter how many miles are driven (eliminates loose wires).

What I am trying to find is a diagram or detailed description on where all the ground points are located on this car. I did purchase a factory service manual (2800 pages), it does have wiring diagrams and few written descriptions of the locations. However it is very vague and does not cover all the ground points mentioned in manual.

Mainly grounds G201 and G202 appear to be the best dealing with the cluster. PROBLEM is the location is listed as "G201 On right front shroud and G202 On left front shroud" I've called three shops and no one can tell me what this SHROUD is or where it is located. I've gone through the entire manual and that is the only reference.

What I would really like to find is these two ground locations and in a perfect world some kind of diagram showing all the ground points for this vehicle. I'm happy to pay someone who can assist me with this.

Thank you and have a great day!! WP Below is what I copied from the manual and the only details on the grounds :

Component Location
G100 - On lower rear of engine, near right side of steering gear assembly.
G101 - On right front corner of engine, above generator.
G102 - On right front of engine compartment, on chassis side of short jumper harness, near G101.
G103 - On right side of engine compartment, on frame rail.
G104 - On left side of engine compartment, on frame rail.
G201 - On right front shroud.
G202 - On left front shroud.
G301 - Under rear seat, right side of rocker panel.
G302 - Under rear seat, left side of rocker panel.
G401 - On right rear side of luggage compartment.
WillPaxton is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora