Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-19-2017, 07:13 PM   #1
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

oil pressure sensor

I have a blinking oil light on on my dash every once in a while it has approx 1600 miles on the new oil that was changed at the dealer, i checked the oil and it is full and clean so i am thinking it may be the pressure sensor but i have no idea where it is on the 3.0 DOHC motor any help would be helpful and i will get it changed before the snow falls.... as we are in the fall season and it's getting colder and i don't want to be crawling around my driveway if i don't know where it is and the dealership want 140 per hour plus part cost... the light goes out if i am driving it so it is only at idle when stopped and warmed up
Old 10-20-2017, 09:53 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: oil pressure sensor

It is usually the oil pump and not the sensor for that motor. Unfortunately it is mounted on the crankshaft and I have never seen it changed in the vehicle, always the motor is pulled. I suggest a heavier oil.
Here is a video some guy did on the sensor replacement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMOB0NVdlvI
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:37 PM   #3
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

i didn't have an issue with the vehicle till i had the oils changed at the dealer and now it only comes on when it's warm and at idle so they either put the wrong oil in it at the dealership or it's a faulty switch there are no noises out of the motor at all to the point where you can hardly hear it running if it is the oil pump you would think that there would be some clicking or something from the DOHC but nothing, as soon as i bring the rpms up 50rpm it goes out and stays out till i am at a light again oil level is at full mark, car doesn't overheat sits in the middle of the gauge so i have had one garage tell me it will cost me 40 for the part and half hour labour so i am thinking it can't be too hard to swap out i may look into it tomorrow just waiting for the rain to stop we are being hit with storm after storm on the west coast
Old 01-04-2018, 01:21 PM   #4
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

might look into seeing if i can adjust the idle i think i saw a screw on the throttle body but i thought these vehicles were drive by wire like my 2008 focus was so i will look into it when the temps come up a little more right now -7 and not going out and playing with it will keep informed i may just trade it in in the future
Old 01-04-2018, 03:40 PM   #5
65comet
AF Enthusiast

No screw adjustment for the idle. But the IAC Valve could be dirty and need a cleaning to up the idle. I'm sure there are lots of posts on how to do that. Ford, in trying to get better mileage ratings, recommended 5w20, but that has been found to not be good for longevity, so 5w30 is recommended for past 60,000 on the odometer.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 02:51 AM   #6
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

yeah i just had it running in the driveway for 15-20 mins to warm it up and move things around it got to operating temp and the light didn't come on at all as i need to start driving it as my van is having trans issues and i just don't want to fix it at the moment it just cost me 3100 to get the trans rebuilt in the escape and if i do the van that's 1700 i just don't have that kind of cash to throw at things... so i will look into the iac tomorrow and clean it up just had to do that on the van as well so if that's what it is it is an easy repair, i have the new sending unit i just need to put it up on ramps and see where it is. also does anyone know if these vehicles came with the hood insulation i found it on fordparts.com but they don't list a price just says 0.00. thanks for the replies i will let you know what happens once i start driving it
Old 03-18-2019, 01:34 PM   #7
Mustang_Driver
AF Regular

i know it's been a while since i posted but i got around to doing an oil change on the escape and once i got the filter off i was able to get the sensor out after about 30mins of fanagiling and being a contortionist i got the new sensor in and low and behold it was the wrong one it had the wrong wiring connector on it so i made the dreaded call to ford stealership and they charged my $45 for a $16 dollar part from the parts store but i couldn't walk there so i got the right one installed after about 3 hrs of taking it out putting the wrong one in and taking it out again and walking to the dealership and getting a new one so i got it installed new oil filter and oil and the light has not been on since i did notice that the front seal has a small drip and when i enquired about the repair i was told the 3.0l duratec was an oil leaker and has a hard time keeping oil in the motor so i guess ford didn't do their dudiligence and fix repairs to it but it is a good vehicle after i got it repaired average 18MPG in the city but i have since discovered a vibration at 80Km/h or 50MPH and am thinking its a wheel bearing time to look into that

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid