Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #1
ndiaya
AF Newbie

Injector/fuel pump???

Hello. I have a 1997 Q45 with 128k. I have had 3 injectors replaced by the dealer. The car is running rough sputtering during takeoff and rough idle at times. Should I have the other five replaced at the same time, and is it something that I can have done at a good shop as opposed to the dealership. Secondly, my ABS/Traction/Slip Warning Light is on. What are the possible problems. Any and all help is much appreciated.
ndiaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #2
maxnix
AF Regular

Re: Injector/fuel pump???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiaya
Hello. I have a 1997 Q45 with 128k. I have had 3 injectors replaced by the dealer. The car is running rough sputtering during takeoff and rough idle at times. Should I have the other five replaced at the same time, and is it something that I can have done at a good shop as opposed to the dealership. Secondly, my ABS/Traction/Slip Warning Light is on. What are the possible problems. Any and all help is much appreciated.
Could be your alternator. I would have the next technician measure your fuel pressure. It is a three stage pump, so if he down't know that, go elsewhere.

Get the FSM and TSB from Nissan for a one day subscription.

You don't give a maintenance history nor a location, so not much more to say.

Be aware there was an alternator recall for that year. It's in the TSB.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:16 PM   #3
ndiaya
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Injector/fuel pump???

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxnix
Could be your alternator. I would have the next technician measure your fuel pressure. It is a three stage pump, so if he down't know that, go elsewhere.

Get the FSM and TSB from Nissan for a one day subscription.

You don't give a maintenance history nor a location, so not much more to say.

Be aware there was an alternator recall for that year. It's in the TSB.
What is a: FSM and TSB? What kind of subscription?, Do I go to the Dealer or can it be done on-line? The car has had Struts, schocks, head gasket, air filter (engine), new throtle box and plugs replaced. The transmission fluid has been changed and I have the motor oil changed every 3,500k. I've had the car a little over two years and have put clost to 35k on it. Regarding the Plugs being changed the shop that did it crossed the wires which caused the check engine light to come on. Infinity says I need a new catalytic converter. They (the shop) will pay for it Infinity says it's Bank 2 which theytell me is the passanger side. I want to make sure that bank 2 is the passenger side as I am ordering the part this week. The shop will buy and replace. I'm Northern Ohio, Akron-Canton-Cleveland area. I hate to sound so stupid. But if you don't know you ask. So I am asking. Should I look to be doing anything else to prolong the life of this car. I want to get 200k out of it.
Much Thanks For The Info.
ndiaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
maxnix
AF Regular

Maintenance History ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndiaya
What is a: FSM and TSB? What kind of subscription?, Do I go to the Dealer or can it be done on-line? The car has had Struts, schocks, head gasket, air filter (engine), new throtle box and plugs replaced. The transmission fluid has been changed and I have the motor oil changed every 3,500k. I've had the car a little over two years and have put clost to 35k on it. Regarding the Plugs being changed the shop that did it crossed the wires which caused the check engine light to come on. Infinity says I need a new catalytic converter. They (the shop) will pay for it Infinity says it's Bank 2 which theytell me is the passanger side. I want to make sure that bank 2 is the passenger side as I am ordering the part this week. The shop will buy and replace. I'm Northern Ohio, Akron-Canton-Cleveland area. I hate to sound so stupid. But if you don't know you ask. So I am asking. Should I look to be doing anything else to prolong the life of this car. I want to get 200k out of it.
Much Thanks For The Info.
Why was the head gasket replaced?

No changing of the fuel filter? How about the cabin filter?

Is "transmission fluid change" a mechanical exchange of the complete fluid, pandrop and clean, and filter screen replacement like the BG porcedure? OR just a drain and partial fill? Did you install an external ATF cooler?

Bank 2 is passenger. Are you sure it is not an O2 sensor? What does the OBD II diagnostic read out say?

www.nissan-techinfo.com/infiniti/ for the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins) and FSM (Factory Service Manual). Download the Acrobat formatted files. It will take you most of the day.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45