Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 02:26 PM   #1
85MonteBoi
AF Newbie

86 Caprice Landau troubleshooting

First off I want to thank anyone who gives me any tips ideas,etc.

I am the 3rd owner of the car can reads 99,2xx miles. The car did have have plates before I bought the car so I believed it would pass emissions when I registered the car.
Had car for maybe 2 weeks then someone broke into my car at work. So I lost interest in the car and I really didn't care for it, and it sat for the most part but did a tuneup on the car.

Noticed one day of driving the car it started running sluggish like after I would hit corners and press on the pedal. If I finesse the pedal or push to the floor it goes but seems like it has to catch up. Basically as if all the gas is on one side of the tank. What would be the cause of this...?
Only happens some days and when I drive the car at 40 and above, if I come to a complete stop the engine comes back to a steady idle then It will not do it.

I was thinking something going on with the carb I've asked around but I would like all input .
85MonteBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #2
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 86 Caprice Landau troubleshooting

It likely has an E4ME carb that needs a thorough cleaning and adjustment. The symptoms sound as if you are experiencing a potential lean condition. It may also be that fuel delivery from the tank is a problem, but the residual fuel in the bowl should prevent the kind of hesitation you describe on cornering.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 PM   #3
mauricenme
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Bowtie View Post
It likely has an E4ME carb that needs a thorough cleaning and adjustment. The symptoms sound as if you are experiencing a potential lean condition. It may also be that fuel delivery from the tank is a problem, but the residual fuel in the bowl should prevent the kind of hesitation you describe on cornering.
I know im not asking this in the right place but this is the only place I could find that will let me type anything. I am new to the forum and made one post but now there's no option to make another one. I have questions on how to use the forum and what are polls and tags help
mauricenme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:15 PM   #4
Blue Bowtie
Registered Offender

Re: 86 Caprice Landau troubleshooting

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice