Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #1
EvilAsh2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EvilAsh2000
2000 headlight bulb help

Hey everybody i need somehelp. im haveing trouble replaceing a bulb on my 2000 eclipse, and was wonderign if somone could help me out. my problem is this i can disconect the connector. im worried if i pull it strait out i might damage something , if someone could give me step by step instructions that would totally kick ass. thanks
EvilAsh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:28 PM   #2
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

hey man I had the same prob cause I didnt have my manual on me, I just pulled it str8 out and it took some muscle but it came str8 out with some debri on it like metallic shit but its the only way to get the fucker disconnected. just make sure to line that rod thing right and remember how it was located cause you might end up turning the bulb the wrong way and have to redo the whole damn thing. Oh oh also theres like some spot you push on the thing to disconnect it I couldnt find it so I just ended up pulling the bitch really hard, worked for me just anylize it carefully.
Zanark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 07:30 PM   #3
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

oh yeahh you know that rubber peice just pull that back as far as you can and youll see what im talking about with that place you push It takes a little work mind you its not an easy task, took me 30 mins to just say fuck it and yank the fucker.
Old 04-10-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
EvilAsh2000
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to EvilAsh2000
Re: 2000 headlight bulb help

hey thanks alot Zanark i eventually got it out it was a tough bitch , it would have been easier if i had like smaller hands though , haha thanks again bro
EvilAsh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 04:37 PM   #5
Fenixfire077
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Fenixfire077 Send a message via Yahoo to Fenixfire077
oh man, you guys are lucky, i ended up just rippin mine out and breaking the plastic hinge-point for the locking clip mounted on the actual headlight assembly, i had to use an oversized washer around that one screw in there to actually secure the bulb in, only to find out that the blue headlight replacements weren't bright enough for me. so i basically damaged my headlights for nothing.
Fenixfire077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 09:42 PM   #6
Rulez
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Rulez

There are little clips on the sides of the harness. If you squeeze those the bulb practically falls out.
www.fiautosports.com
Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2004, 12:21 AM   #7
Zanark
AF Enthusiast

lol god damn Fenix man that sucks, and yeah I got lucky as fuck the damn bulb like had some corrosion around the bitch to and so did the wireing to, I had to clean the bitch and etc. and did any of you have trouble putting that rod back in place after you inserted the bulb? I ended up putting it back wrong and my bulb faced down and wouldnt illuminate all the way
Old 04-13-2004, 03:03 PM   #8
00_GS
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 00_GS Send a message via MSN to 00_GS

Alright, i just changed my bulbs yesterday. I found that if you pull back the rubber piece enough to get the wire that is holding the bulb into place off, and then get the bulb and wire off, it is MUCH easier to get the bulb off of the wire harness! Then just put it back together like it was before, making sure the bulb has the three prongs facing up, right, and left as they were before... that way they wont be facing down or whatever!
00_GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 11:14 AM   #9
RetroRacer02NY
AF Newbie

Thanks for the help, I couldn't get mine out three months ago and haven't touched it since. Good thing I ran into this post.
RetroRacer02NY is offline   Reply With Quote