Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 08:35 PM   #1
outlaw7x77
AF Newbie

Reliable? Class Action? Anyone?

I've owned a Jetta since new in 2000. I was dissapointed in 2003 because my 2 year warrantee had run out. It leaked oil, dash lights had gone out down by the air conditioner, fan, and heat switches. Then the Check Engine light came on for no apparent reason. Then the Airbag light on the dash came on for no apparent reason. Dealers have always been rude, and unhelpful. I like the car ok but damn can I get some service and respect from the dealerships? Not to mention these problems that seem to plague all Jettas.

VW's responce, "for $79 we'll run a diagnostic and reset both youir lights". IMHO: I call BS!!!

My wife is 43 yrs old and works out at Curves for Women every other day. One day last week she was there pumping up her heart rate when another lady asked how she liked her car. "Well" she said, I like it but my Husband thinks its a POS!. The lady then asked why I thougt so to which my wife replyed, well the dash lights...the lady interupted her and said, "The airbag and the engine light came on right?"

Surprised my wife said , "Yes how did yoiu know" The other lady said that whenever she meets someone else with a Jetta, she always asks the same questions. She says that about 85% of the people out there all say the same thing.

Seems to this guy that a class action lawsuit is in order here if this is true. Ever try to seel a car with Check Engine lights and Airbag lights on the dash that won't go out?

Please let us hear your story.

Outlaw7x77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content © 2000-2003 AutomotiveForums.com
outlaw7x77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 01:57 PM   #2
Ana Marena
AF Newbie

Exclamation Re: Reliable? Class Action? Anyone?

Most states have lemon laws. However, when my check engine light came on, I called customer care at VW and was told there are 3 defects that are covered by VW for a full 7 years: window problems (dropping down) the Mass Airflow System (what is making the check engine light come on) and I can't remember the 3rd issue. So you are covered. Take the car to VW and they will do the diagnostic & fix free, they did mine and now I'm getting 400 miles on a tank of gas. Call customer care first, they rode the VW dealer like you wouldn't believe! It was great. Hope this helps you little. BTW, I also have a 2000. Kind regards....

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw7x77
I've owned a Jetta since new in 2000. I was dissapointed in 2003 because my 2 year warrantee had run out. It leaked oil, dash lights had gone out down by the air conditioner, fan, and heat switches. Then the Check Engine light came on for no apparent reason. Then the Airbag light on the dash came on for no apparent reason. Dealers have always been rude, and unhelpful. I like the car ok but damn can I get some service and respect from the dealerships? Not to mention these problems that seem to plague all Jettas.

VW's responce, "for $79 we'll run a diagnostic and reset both youir lights". IMHO: I call BS!!!

My wife is 43 yrs old and works out at Curves for Women every other day. One day last week she was there pumping up her heart rate when another lady asked how she liked her car. "Well" she said, I like it but my Husband thinks its a POS!. The lady then asked why I thougt so to which my wife replyed, well the dash lights...the lady interupted her and said, "The airbag and the engine light came on right?"

Surprised my wife said , "Yes how did yoiu know" The other lady said that whenever she meets someone else with a Jetta, she always asks the same questions. She says that about 85% of the people out there all say the same thing.

Seems to this guy that a class action lawsuit is in order here if this is true. Ever try to seel a car with Check Engine lights and Airbag lights on the dash that won't go out?

Please let us hear your story.

Outlaw7x77

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Content © 2000-2003 AutomotiveForums.com
Ana Marena is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > Jetta/Vento/Bora