Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!
Let's get Technical! Discussion for hardcore in-depth motor heads!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 01:39 PM   #1
ricansuave
AF Newbie

91 accord wont start

Hi guys new to the forums and need a hand with this vehicle as its my only means for getting to work.

I have a 1991 honda accord ex sedan with a manual tranny.

My honda was having some idling issues and after a few mechanic visits we decided to go and change out the air intake and replace with a 90 accord auto intake. After the repair the car sounded better but sounded like a little misfire was going on.

The mechanic told me my spark plug wires looked a little old and to replace them and that might fix my problem. I did as he told me not knowing about a firing order on the wires and when i cranked the car up noticed something wasnt right. Car just sounded weak so i went ahead and turned it off. Popped the hood at the time checking to make sure the connections were on and found the pcv valve grommet cracked. Went to autozone and just got to talking to the rep and found out about the firing order for the spark plug wires. Got a print out for the order and went home.The honda is still at my house did not drive it in its condition.

The next morning i went ahead and put them in the order described on the paperwork. The car would sound like it was about to turn on but didnt. So i thought maybe i put the wires in wrong so i went online again multiple times pulling up diagrams and rearranged the wires quite a few times thinking thats why the car wouldnt start. Each time i switched the wires i tried cranking it with no success. When it was cranking i noticed air plopping from the exhaust. Well after a while of this a new sound came up. As i was cranking the car it sounded like a deep grind was going on. Almost like dragging a brick on the ground.

I need this car for work and i have like 2 weeks to get it going. all help would be greatly appreciated.
ricansuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #2
somick
AF Enthusiast

Re: 91 accord wont start

While trying to start the car you could have flooded the cylinders. Wait for some time.

Disconnect your injectors and check for spark.

Cylinder #1 is the leftmost one: closer to the driver side.

Good luck,
Sam

somick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 12:48 PM   #3
ricansuave
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by somick View Post
While trying to start the car you could have flooded the cylinders. Wait for some time.

Disconnect your injectors and check for spark.

Cylinder #1 is the leftmost one: closer to the driver side.

Good luck,
Sam
Now to disconnect the injectors do i need to go through the pain of removing the throttle loosening the brackets and injector lines and all that? I have been looking at videos on how to remove and clean the injectors so is there an easier way without having to disconnect a whole lot

Also im not sure what you mean by checking for a spark. how would i do
ricansuave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
somick
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricansuave View Post
Now to disconnect the injectors do i need to go through the pain of removing the throttle loosening the brackets and injector lines and all that? I have been looking at videos on how to remove and clean the injectors so is there an easier way without having to disconnect a whole lot

Also im not sure what you mean by checking for a spark. how would i do
I am not sure about 91. I believe you simply need to disconnect the connectors on the fuel rail.

Good luck,
Sam

somick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Let's get Technical!