Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 04:14 PM   #1
dezso3
AF Newbie

Unhappy 2016 Civic LX sedan makes knocking noise when hitting bumps

While driving, I have to hold the steering wheel slightly to the right to keep it going straight. Also, when I turn right, it feels extremely numb, and the steering wheel takes an awfully long time to return to the center, meaning I have to make right turns extra slowly. When I turn left, it feels tight like it normally does, and I don't have to turn the steering wheel excessively. I have taken it to 3 dealers at least 3 times each, and every single time they take it for a test drive, and return only to tell me that there is "nothing wrong with it." When I drive over 55 mph on the highway, I practically fear for my life because all the car wants to do is veer into the left lane. Either these mechanics are completely incompetent/poorly trained, or they are lying. How on Earth do they repeatedly fail to discover the problem??? I have even contacted a Lemon Law firm for help. I'm meeting with a case manager from American Honda fairly soon, so I sincerely hope that he can get this squared away.
dezso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
dezso3
AF Newbie

Re: 2016 Civic LX sedan makes knocking noise when hitting bumps

Just recently, I hit a smaller pothole, going around 30-35 MPH, and afterward I noticed that whenever I go over a speed hump, there is now a squeaking noise, as well as a knocking/clunking noise, coming from the right, front wheel well. Could it possibly be bad ball joints?
Old 01-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #3
Copytech99
AF Regular

Contact Honda directly & inform them.

They should open a ticket on the matter.
Copytech99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:36 PM   #4
dezso3
AF Newbie

2016 Honda Civic Sedan Has Extremely Loose Steering Is there a particular component that if loose, will also cause the steering to feel loose, wobbly, and numb when turning right, but when the mechanics put the car on a lift, and wiggle various components, can't find anything loose? I didn't realize that there are hidden components that could be loose. Or is it at all possible that when they raise the car up on the lift, it causes certain components to give a false tight feel? In other words, the front end of the car sits on the lift in such a manner that it temporarily causes those components to "tighten up," and when the car is lowered, those components become loose again.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '06+ Civic