Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #1
Sejas
AF Newbie

Question Convrting car to a Water- burning car

P L E A S E comment if you have Any expirience with (www.runyourcaronwater.com) conversion. Any opinion will be highly appreciated...

Last edited by Sejas; 05-09-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Sejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
camhar1
AF Newbie

Re: Convrting car to a Water- burning car

I am currently working on the Hydrastar system. I'm to the point that I'm creating hydrogen,I just have to build the circuit boards to go along with the system.I will update as I progress. You will still need gas ,but this system will increase your fuel mileage.
camhar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #3
Sejas
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camhar1
I am currently working on the Hydrastar system. I'm to the point that I'm creating hydrogen,I just have to build the circuit boards to go along with the system.I will update as I progress. You will still need gas ,but this system will increase your fuel mileage.
Thank you for your responce, Please keep me posted. I am very interested in this matter. Sejas...
Sejas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
anisamy1
AF Newbie

Did you get success on you hydraster system? Update the progress.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #5
towjoe42
AF Newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to towjoe42

I have bought two Hydrogen Generator units. One for my 1983 Mercedes 300TD, and the other for my 1984 Ford F-350 Diesel Pickup. I am using the F350 as the test bed to get any bugs worked out. At present I have one unit installed on it. I have had a switch and amp meter installed on the dash to turn it on and off. This is like a safety feature. The power from the battery goes through a Circuit braker to a relay, and then to the HHO unit. The power is energized with the IGN switch on, but unless I turn the switch on the dash on the relay is not energized.
My first unit prior to this newest one shorted out and burned up. I found that the Electrodes in the container shorted out and thats why It melted down.
In this new unit It has four electrodes, two negative and two positive and it is a higher output than the first one.
I made a plastic spacer for the bottom of the electrodes to keep the rods, and the washers seperated from each other. I just drilled holes matching the spacing of the rods. I then Removed the bottom nut on each rod and inserted the spacer and re-installed the nuts. This keeps the rods from moving around and keeps the washers form touching each other.
The unit draws between 6 to 9 amps and produces a lot of Hydrogen gas. I may need to add another unit to feed the 6.9 L diesel motor.
For the Mercedes one unit should be sufficient.
I noticed my motor smooth out after a few days of use. Also, my Diesel truck motor was smoking a little, and it is not smoking any more.
I will be installing the second unit on my Mercedes Diesel very soon and will update everyone on how the installation went.
I could provide photos attachments showing the installation in the truck if anyone wants to see them.
Now when you are installing these units on a vehicle with fuel injection and emissions equipment you need to do some searching online for either the electronic kits modify the signal from the O2 sensor to the Map sensor.
Another way is to install an extender for the O2 sensor. It just raises the 02 Sensor a bit higher out of the exhaust stream. That fools the Map sensor into thinking the right amount of Exhaust is being processed by the 02 sensor.
If you don't install an extender or a map sensor enhancer unit then the exhaust will be cleaner, and the map sensor will think not enough gas is being pumped to the motor, and it will tell the computer to increase the gas. If it does that you will not see any fuel economy.
I can look around my bookmarks and later post some links for these extenders, HHO units, and the electronic map enhancer units.
Older Diesels are relatively easy to install the units on. On some diesels you may have to get a small Aquarium air bubbler pump and pump air into the HHO unit to help it move the Hydrogen gas into the intake of the diesel motor. You also will need to mount a small DC to AC inverter in the engine compartment to power the Air Pump.
What ever you use, DO NOT hook the HHO output to the Brake Booster vacuum line. It will affect the brake operation, and may make the Brake warning light to come on in the dash.
towjoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > General Discussion