Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 10:05 PM   #1
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
G35s and Mazda 6s

What's with them?

Since I bought the G8, I've had several of them approach me wanting to goof around. Every car seems to have it's rival... the F-body has always had the Mustang. The Civic always had the Sentra or Celica... You know, cars of similar spec and usually within the same category.

Seems the G8's nemesis is G35's. Which I find confusing, because the G8 GT has upwards of 70hp on the G35, and even more torque. I'm not complaining, just I've had three seperate occasions as to where they've snuck up on me and wanted to play.

The first guy stopped playing with me soon as he realised I wasn't slow, and that the noise he heard from my car was a throaty V8. He learned quick.

The others were on the freeways, one was with a cute chick in a Coupe. She wouldn't go over 85mph... but she liked to play cat n mouse. Last one was with a pair of dudes in a Sedan model. They kept trying to get me to go while I was on the phone with my sister. I told her to hold on a minute while I put the stick over in Sporty mode and proceeded induce copious amounts of throttle till they were about 8 cars back and let off. They stayed back for a while before finally passing me and not willing to look my way.

And lastly, Mazda 6. Now, this one I cannot be sure it was a Mazda Speed 6. It was dark, I was pretty tired to be honest and the badging on the back said more than just Mazda 6. But I could not for the life of me read the badging clearly. It also had a Injen sticker on both sides of the car on the doors.

This guy came along side me down a street, and proceeded to run with me down the road. I didn't pay any attention to him untill I realised that he kept pace with me as I sped up and went around cars. I figured... hmm Ok. I kept my cards hidden and just gave short bursts of speed to entice. I wanted him to be the first to bite and go for it. He never did, he just shadowed my moves.

Finally, I reached my freeway and was getting over and he was ahead. He was getting on the freeway as well. I figured ok, I'll tuck in behind him and wait for him to go for it. I put it into Sporty mode and stuck to his bumper. To his surprise I made the turn up the onramp and on to the freeway much faster than he did and was on his rear bumper like white on rice.

He guns it the last bit of the onramp and as he accelerates, I could tell he was really on it... could hear his car gun it. Side note, the G8 is a really quiet car for what it is... anywho, so as he's all in merging onto the freeway. I just come out and around him like he's sitting still with the G8 singin a very barratone note out the tail pipes.

Once again, I think he realised that since he was already going for it and I came out and around him with ease... any further playing would result in a simular out come.

He denied me any more play time. I was sad.

I need to find me some G37's, IS350's, 335i's... even one of those new C-class AMGs.. or speedy little Audi's RS4's... the latter two would definitely put the hurt on me. I'd be warry about 335i's as well, they move out pretty good.

(secretly awaits the G8 GXP)

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:42 PM   #2
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47
Re: G35s and Mazda 6s

well I would be proud about being anywhere NEAR a car that costs $80,000 used and has 420hp! but the G35 seems somewhat random

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:49 PM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

I heart Audi RS4's... guy I know through friends has one. Guy got hurt in a Highschool science class lab experiment... the school district payed out millions to him.

He's richer than rich, and way down to Earth... and... has great taste in cars. I believe he sold his Porsche GT3 for the Audi. Fast car indeed!

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 PM   #4
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

oh yeah. there is a blue one here (plate reads RRRAUDI... most audis up here have a play on the word Audi on their plate) and the thing rips something fierce.

Now that I hear about how he got the money, I may need to have a little accident with some highly volatile chemical.... helloooo Superlegara. (sp?)

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 PM   #5
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Ha... well, he got burned pretty bad when the teacher told them to mix two chemicals and they turned out to be highly volatile and he got burns over most his body. It almost killed him, I don't know the full story but I just know he pretty much got F'ed to the point of death and barely pulled through.

But, now he's using his money to put himself through college all the while having fun with his transportation needs.

Old 06-22-2008, 11:23 PM   #6
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

well maybe not if I have to almost die... I dont need millions though, just enough to get me a missile with 4 wheels

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing