Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:18 PM   #1
cHo
AF Newbie

a while back..

Been a long time reader(3 years now..?) and decided to share a story..
So I was filling up at the local gas station when I hear the combined scream of vtak and the roar of a domestic echoing through the concrete jungle known as LA. Moments pass and an EG (92-95) hatch and TransAM with Ws6 badging pull in with huge grins on their faces. I ask about their cars and the hatch is supposedly 450hp and the TransAM is making 550whp.
They check out my engine bay and instantly start laughing saying my stock car wouldn't be able to keep up with their 'highly modified' cars. I check out the ws6's engine bay and notice it has a 3.8L and its an auto(also has spray). The hatch has a d16z motor and basic mods. Well then... Offer to go on a freeway run where my AWD would put me at a disadvantage. They over enthusiasticly accept the challenge. We go onto the freeway where we line up at around 70mph and wait.
Beep!
Beep!
Beep!
The stealth instantly pulls 3.5+ lengths on both cars and I decide to keep my foot on the pedal just to rub it in.. When out of the blue, a piercing whine that sounds like a banshee screaming overwhelms the hiss of my turbo spool.
Wheeeeet! Whheeeeeeeeeet! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeet!
I look in the rearview.. nothing.
left side.. nothing.
right side.. nothing.
straight ahead.. I see the tail lights of an 03-04 mustang cobra just pulling away as though I had started braking. My ego should of been crushed but I honestly couldn't stop smiling on the way back home..

*Sorry was trying to make it an awesome read but i just got off work so I needed to hurry and finish.. maybe next time...

From what I could tell about the other cars..
Hatch: D16z with bolt-ons
WS6: V6 with intake/headers/exhaust/75shot
Stealth: Custom DR650/16G turbos, K&N filter, Stillen dp, gutted cats, pte 550 injectors, AFC neo, custom buttpucker clutch all this on 180k mile original motor.
Cobra: Unknown but def. badass..
cHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #2
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47
Re: a while back..

that is honestly hilarious. It does my soul good to see cocky bastards get their asses handed to them by a stealth/3kgt But you gotta watch out for the lurking passerby.

Especially the ones with a supercharger.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 10:46 PM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

What do you have done to your R/T?

Good run... and there's always somebody faster out there. Glad to see a veteran lurker (Dec. 2004 w/ 1 post!) come out of hiding and decide to join the disFUNctional family that is AF. Welcome bud.

Where in LA are you located? (I'm south of LA in Long Beach.)

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:01 PM   #4
cHo
AF Newbie

mods are on bottom of first post.

I'm located in SGV but work in LA.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:31 PM   #5
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

haha nice run man,, nothin better than puttin cocky ppl in their places. and there's no such thing as a 3.8 ws6 , sounds like a base model firebird with some appearance mods...pretty much the opposite of a sleeper lol.

sounds like you have a fun car though man, and welcome to the posting part of the forums!
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #6
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHo
mods are on bottom of first post.

I'm located in SGV but work in LA.

Hmmm, well during the 4th of July weekend me and some buddies will be getting together for a little car related fun....

Bulldog from Arizona should be coming out to hang as well. So there will be at least 3 cars toolin around my area causing trouble.

If you can get away, feel free to drop me a line I'll tell you where we'll be.

That goes for anybody who's local ... come on and hang out. :P

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:25 PM   #7
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by -The Stig-
Hmmm, well during the 4th of July weekend me and some buddies will be getting together for a little car related fun....
as long as that includes shoving mortar shells up the occasional ricer's tailpipe

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
cHo
AF Newbie

Hey that would be pretty cool if we could hang out. I got a friend with a 99VR4 whos starstruck by the G8s. Swears he's gonna sell the 99 to buy the G8 GXP. Just don't pick on me too hard as I no longer have the beast stealth.
I got hit by a gas tanker last Nov. and the car was totaled. Bought another stealth but haven't gotten past bpu yet.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #9
cHo
AF Newbie

can we post pics in this forum? I got some pics of the old stealth/new one and my old suby if I need to validate my story.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #10
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHo
can we post pics in this forum? I got some pics of the old stealth/new one and my old suby if I need to validate my story.
yeah you can post pics in here. i'm sure most ppl believe you, but we'd love to see some pics of the old/new rides
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
Old 06-26-2008, 05:33 PM   #11
cHo
AF Newbie

Old Stealth

Truck that hit me is behind the squad car..

New Stealth

Suby

Crappy little video 60-135mph with custom DP/HKS UP on stock turbo pushing 15psi(stock boost) on AEM EMS shifting at 6k.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
UnderEstimate Me
AF Enthusiast

Man that red stealth is clean! My parents bought a stealth brand new when I was a kid. I was like 6 so I dont remember it too well, aside from hating how small the back seats were haha.

2005 Neon

Stage 1 PCM l K&N CAI l Mopar rice plate l 3'' TBE l Spring mod l PB shift knob l Mopar strut bars F&R l ACR sways l Tokico Shocks/ Tein Springs l Ricey wing removal l JMB Catch Can l QW FMIC l Autometer WB l Diablosport Predator
UnderEstimate Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #13
cHo
AF Newbie

Thanks. The backseats always have enough room.. as long as I'm not the one sitting in them..
I've actually fit 6 people including myself inside the stealth before. It just was dogslow until I dropped everyone off. Then the car seemed to respond like it was on steroids.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:09 AM   #14
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

yeah that red one is sleek dude. my buddy has a red stealth that looks almost identical but it has that rounded spoiler on the back. is that a factory option to get them w/ out the spoiler? i like the look of yours better.

actually the kid with the red stealth has a brother with a red 3kgt, and his dad has a black 3kgt with black wheels,, guess it runs in the family haha.

Old 06-27-2008, 04:32 PM   #15
cHo
AF Newbie

Well the RT and RT Turbo models all came with a spoiler. I believe some of the base models came wingless. I removed mine then bondo+spraycan paint and that is what you see.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing