Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #1
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47
H22 Prelude goes down

Sitting at the end of main street in the big boy parking lot (the local hangout for cars) although today was just douche day or something, because there was a probe with a body kit/fart can, a talon ESi with a huge aluminum wing, several other riced out vehicles, none of which had enough balls to take a determined fellow on a go-ped.

Me and torched are sitting on the far side, when a blue prelude drives by on the street in front of us. He of course guns it, over-sized exhaust blatting its horrible notes at us. He repeats this a good 3 times before we decided to leave.

Lo and behold, We are pulling out just as the lude is turning around onto main. So I get next to the guy and what does he do?

BLAAAAAARGH He guns it (if you can call it that) and lets off. 701-3kgt is in the passenger seat and we decide to see if this cocky bastard wants to race. So I pull up and my buddy yells at him and asks if he wants to run em across the bridge. The kid says sure and blats at me as he passes me and heads to the bridge. Light after light, he sits there and revs, just to hear his awful exhaust at work.

By the time I get to the bridge, my car smells like v-tec and I am fed up with this guy. We get over the bridge and we slow to 40.I honk it down and take off. Before I even shift to third I have 3 lengths on the guy pretty much instantaneously. I let off, and he gets up next to me and claims he couldnt hear my honk although he took off at the same time I did....

Oooookay....

So he honks it this time. Same result. I take off like a raped ape and he seemingly stands still. 4 lengths and I blow my shift to third, slamming it right into the 3rd/5th gear gate. In neutral for a good second, I jam it in third and get back on it. I look back, expecting him to be right next to me by that time.

3 cars back

One last time he pulls up, looking pissed off. He honks it without warning, but I drop it to 2nd in time (all of these were from 40mph) and I slam my right foot to the floor, watching the headlights drop back at an alarming rate. Put 6 to 7 lengths on him before I even hit 90...

The guy has had enough. he drops way back and turns off at the next chance he gets. I laughed a great deal afterwards, only because I put another cocky bastard in his place.

Quite a good rain going while this happened, too.. So probably not the smartest thing in the world to do but hey, came out in one piece and Im not being cocky about this, I just figured I would post it so we could laugh at another ricer.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 01:58 AM   #2
Chiquae07
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Chiquae07 Send a message via MSN to Chiquae07
Re: H22 Prelude goes down

heh. id prob be the one in the sentra doing the same thing to you just to see how bad id get beat.

its still all fun and games, but it sounded like he was serious. what year/body style? h22 vtec preludes with a jun cam, springs, and a tune move like bats outaa hell.

For those 9 seconds it takes me to reach 60mph, will be the most fun ill have in this car.
Chiquae07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:37 AM   #3
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth

Noice race!

It was the newest generation...not sure about the year though.
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
stwatson
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to stwatson

at least he raced you...I would have been afraid that he would have been blasting around town, then when actually challenged would back down.

Nice (as in nice to put someone in their place) race.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, apparently this guy thought he could beat an LSJ (TorchedStealth, specifically) so he started out pretty confident. But after the first time I took off, his facial expression quickly took a turn for the worst.

And I dont know the year... and as far as I know all this guy had was a muffler and maybe an intake. No tune or anything. If he did, I would get my money back

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 06-06-2008, 03:28 AM   #6
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

Hopefully it was a manual, I remember beating an auto last gen prelude (I guess thats h22) in an sl2 saturn
GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:31 PM   #7
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

yeah it was manual, The way he dropped gears was pretty indicative of a manual. Could be wrong, slap-shifting bastard.

Old 06-06-2008, 10:51 PM   #8
madeintheshade
AF Newbie

good kill. i hsng out with four people that have h22s. two preludes a hatch and a regular civic. my buddys black prelude is pretty quick. he runs low 14s pretty much stock. my other buddys runs low 15s so i geuss it is the luck of the draw with them. my buddies hatch is pretty fast though.

madeintheshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:49 PM   #9
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

yeah H22s are pretty good engines, but some just dont have it where it counts... I wonder if they make a non-vtec version? so all the power isnt built up in the top 1000 rpms.

Who knows. "hit and miss" pretty much sums it up

Old 06-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #10
madeintheshade
AF Newbie

hit and miss sums it up pretty good. there are a bunch of different kinds of h22s i think all are vtec but the power differs. the non vtec are f22s or h23s i think. not really a honda expert though

madeintheshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #11
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Prelude

I haven't ever been impressed with the performance of the prelude, but I would take a fifth gen anyday over an integra. I had a '99 f23 5speed accord and I used to run pretty tight with the preludes around town. I guess they are just too heavy I dunno. I really like the looks of it. BTW. remember that all preludes are getting pretty old now. newest ones are 7 years old.

The only way to get that VTACK smell out of your clothes is to burn them
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #12
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

what about my interior? do I have to burn the pretty blue leather too?

I have an F22 accord 5speed that could probably run with that guy. As sad as that is. And I think a prerequisite of being a Honda expert is to have no hope at all left in a normal life.

Yeah I agree that the newest preludes look the best, there is one up here that I would probably have sex with given the chance.

Old 06-08-2008, 04:59 AM   #13
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

I would only have sex with it if honda would have made it RWD. It would be hondas answer to the corvette. RWD twin-turbo V6 Prelude. kind of like a skyline. I have dreams like this sometime and then I wake up and hondas are still really slow.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #14
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamehonda
I would only have sex with it if honda would have made it RWD. It would be hondas answer to the corvette. RWD twin-turbo V6 Prelude. kind of like a skyline. I have dreams like this sometime and then I wake up and hondas are still really slow.
yeah honda def has the potential to build a sick performance vehicle. unfortunately they are more econo-oriented tho and care more about mpg than hp.

btw my girlriend is RWD
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
GForce957
AF Enthusiast

GForce957 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing