Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #1
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47
Talking Sebring screws with the wrong Cobalt

(Apology for the profanity in the title. Rough day.)

So on my way home from work i notice this late 2000s model sebring tailgating me. i give him a break check and he guns it around me and stares me down. His girlfriend or something of that sort is in the passenger seat staring at my car. She knows which one had balls but the guy driving didnt. He cuts me off getting into my lane and damn near hits me. So, already pissed off from work, i decide to play with this little bastard.

He turns and i follow. I stay right on him through residential areas, and he eventually gets the point. He pulls on to (yep you guessed it) South Washington street. He lets me get next to him, but doesnt wait for me to honk it down. He simply hammers it and goes, if you can call what he was doing "going"

I smile and drop it to second.

The SS takes off like a bat out of hell. I have NEVER felt her pull that hard, this was something very different than what im used to. I must have found the sweet spot in 2nd, but i dont remeber where i was at exactly. Around 30 i think. The Sebring had roughtly 2 cars on me when i got on it. Approximately 3 seconds later i had eliminated his head start and pulled a few cars. By the time i let off i had ripped him a new asshole, pulling a royal 8 cars ATLEAST. i turn to go back home, and he of course follows me. I get next to a middle school and the guy does a ricer flyby, nearly taking out an oncoming car.

Pulls up to the light, the girl is grinning ear to ear and waves at me. The guy looked like he just had a visectomy (sp?) that went horribly wrong, and found out he was the father of his mom's next child.

That was the lift i needed after the conundrum at work. Racing keeps my blood flowin'

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #2
rscamaroboy89
AF Regular

Re: Sebring fucks with the wrong Cobalt

nice kill against the rice,its horrible around here i had to smoke some kid in a 3.4 camaro last night it was just pathetic.then he flew by me ricer style.id love to run a cobalt but nobody around here has one

not installed:zzp 3.4 mps,autolite 104's

next to order:headers with 3" downpipe
rscamaroboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-
Re: Sebring screws with the wrong Cobalt

Nice, but next time lets leave the curse words outta the Thread title alright?

I edited the title myself, but just a little heads up.

Thanks bud.

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

-The Stig- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Yeah i tried to change the title but couldnt figure out how sorry about that, wont happen again.

We have a huge number of GTPs here, some of them are ridiculously fast. i know of atleast one that runs 13s. I would love to run one of the modded ones here, but most are in hiding as of late and the others are driven by older guys with no intent of racing.

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
Old 05-05-2008, 11:45 PM   #5
subieskier
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZR_47
His girlfriend or something of that sort is in the passenger seat staring at my car...

..the girl is grinning ear to ear and waves at me.
So was she cute? Get her number and take her for a drive in a real car.
subieskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:56 AM   #6
BullDog71ss
AF Enthusiast

The Cobalt's sweet spot is second gear at 40 mph. 3rd gear at 75-80 pulls nicely as well.

Nice run, nice kill.

2002 GMC Seirra 2500 HD 6.0
Mods-LQ9 engine, Custom 3" Magnaflow Exhaust, trailer brake controller, Hi-flow cats, Flowtech headers
2007 Mustang GT/CS
Mods-Vinyl stripes, int/ext aluminium trim, Billet shorty antenna, Hurst short shifter, BBK cai, Brenspeed 91 tune, Pypes o/r H-pipe, Billet hood pins
1971 Camaro SS 5.7 <-- Under construction
BullDog71ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:46 PM   #7
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Thank you. It must have been around 40, because like i said nothing has made her jump that hard before or since. I need to try again and see what happens.

And she was OK, but not good enough to be worth the trouble L

Old 05-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #8
lightbalt
AF Newbie

Nice story, road rage gotta love it.............
Old 05-18-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

nice kill - what do 2k+ sebrings run like mid 17's? why don't you try racing something with more than 150hp

Quote:
His girlfriend or something of that sort is in the passenger seat staring at my car. She knows which one had balls but the guy driving didnt....By the time i let off i had ripped him a new asshole, pulling a royal 8 cars ATLEAST....The guy looked like he just had a visectomy (sp?) that went horribly wrong, and found out he was the father of his mom's next child.
just a word of advice, try not to be so cocky - there are many cars on the road that would severely humble you.
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Good race. There is some sort of inate sadomasachistic pleasure from tearing up people like that. Always fun.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 01:20 PM   #11
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98BlackTransAm
nice kill - what do 2k+ sebrings run like mid 17's? why don't you try racing something with more than 150hp

just a word of advice, try not to be so cocky - there are many cars on the road that would severely humble you.
I do race things with more, look at my WRX post, that thing was a beast. Im not afraid to lose, I just seem to end up with the slow cars. I want to race some nice ones, lose or not. I am a car enthusiast, and I like to see nice cars in action, even if it is at my expense.

and I am far from cocky, I just have fun with people who start shit with me. I will never pull up next to you and rev at you and drive like a retard who thinks he is hot shit. Not that kind of guy. I actually want someone to kill me badly, so i can look at his car afterwards I just make my stories a little bit more than they need to be. But hey, all in good fun. But I can see where you are coming from.

So if anyone decides to come to North Dakota, bring the fastest thing you got. We dont have much to choose from up here, and I want to get my ass kicked by something with twice my HP.

Old 05-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #12
98BlackTransAm
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 98BlackTransAm

Quote:
I do race things with more, look at my WRX post, that thing was a beast. Im not afraid to lose, I just seem to end up with the slow cars. I want to race some nice ones, lose or not. I am a car enthusiast, and I like to see nice cars in action, even if it is at my expense.

and I am far from cocky, I just have fun with people who start shit with me. I will never pull up next to you and rev at you and drive like a retard who thinks he is hot shit. Not that kind of guy. I actually want someone to kill me badly, so i can look at his car afterwards I just make my stories a little bit more than they need to be. But hey, all in good fun. But I can see where you are coming from.

So if anyone decides to come to North Dakota, bring the fastest thing you got. We dont have much to choose from up here, and I want to get my ass kicked by something with twice my HP.
that's good to hear man,, i like your attitdude i was just being falsely presumptuous that you had that "fast and the furious" mind-set, where having a license + a sports car means you own the streets. but yeah it's definately good to lose now and then just to keep your ego in check, and remember no matter how much $$ you pour into your car, there's ALWAYS gonna be somthin just a little bit faster out there.

have fun and stay safe
F13 cam (230/232, .595/.585, 112+4 LSA) | PRC Dual Valve Springs | LS2 Timing Chain | Ported LS6 oil pump | Pacesetter LT's | TSP catted y-pipe | Flowtech cutout | LS6 intake | SLP lid | SLP cat-back | Bilstein suspension | Tuned by Mayhem Motorsports

1998 Pontiac Trans Am (A4) - SOLD
slp lid, pacesetter lts, ory, flowtech cutout, fuddle 3400 stall, B&M tranny cooler
98BlackTransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 AM   #13
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Thank you for understanding and no, I try to hunt down people with the Fast and the Furious mindset and put them in their place. I am just happy to finally be driving something that can get out of its own way

Old 05-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #14
lamehonda
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieskier
So was she cute? Get her number and take her for a drive in a real car.
Maybe he doesn't want to buy a new car.
2005 Nissan Frontier ext cab 4x4 4.0L-Sold
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 500r-Sold
2004 Yamaha FZ1 Silver/Black- Sold
2008 Mazdaspeed 3-In the driveway
lamehonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 02:06 PM   #15
UnderEstimate Me
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamehonda
Maybe he doesn't want to buy a new car.
I lol'd.

2005 Neon

Stage 1 PCM l K&N CAI l Mopar rice plate l 3'' TBE l Spring mod l PB shift knob l Mopar strut bars F&R l ACR sways l Tokico Shocks/ Tein Springs l Ricey wing removal l JMB Catch Can l QW FMIC l Autometer WB l Diablosport Predator
UnderEstimate Me is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing