Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fiat > Punto | Idea | Punto Grande
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:09 AM   #1
Ilhanx64
AF Newbie

My Fiat Punto Car Wont Start

Hello,

I just recently bought a used fiat car as my first car. I don't really know much about cars. It was fine driving it but one morning it wouldn't start but it would make a funny 'chug chug chug' noise.

My friend advised me that it was my battery and it must be empty so i asked a neighbour to jump start my car with me. After my neighbour told me to drive round the block a couple of times which i did. This was a sunday evening.

On monday morning i checked whether the car was still working and it was but it was kind of faint. It would start teh first time but it wsn't as loud as it was normally. I decided to warm it up when i later on but i got busy. On teusday morning i went to start the car but it wuoldn't work, it was making that same chugging noise. I dont know what to do. I don't really want to ask my neighbour to jump start again

Also, yesterday my alarm randomly went off and when i went to check it on it and turned it off, the car wouldn't start at all. Meaning it wasn't making any noise when i turn the key.

I am really confused as to what to do and what could be the problem. Any advice? Please, it would be much appreciated
Ilhanx64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 PM   #2
masini
AF Newbie

Re: My Fiat Punto Car Wont Start

My prairie is something you eat battery. Need to know what you just kill that battery. After the engine stop or alarm, or stereo, or lights, or you can complete a short battery power.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
ScubaSteve71
AF Newbie

Re: My Fiat Punto Car Wont Start

Hi Guys
Sorry to bust in on the coversation but did you get sorted ? , Ive just Purchased a 2010 Punto emotion ......which only came with 1 x RFID tagged Key .......... no surprise as i assume since about 2006 all OEMs just give you one remote key for your car and then obviously a manual spare and a service key depending on the OEM .
I purchased a Extra RFID tagged remote key ...... but to get it coded is a rip off its nearly as much as the key and i know all the service agaents do is plug in the Diagnostic tool to the OBD2 connector by the main console and programme it in or they use the manual way ......... which is what im trying to find out ? anyone know how ??
ScubaSteve71 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
battery , fiat , problem , punto , starting
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Fiat > Punto | Idea | Punto Grande