Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 11:00 AM   #1
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

GTP vs. G35

FINALLY!! I dropped my pulley from stock 3.8" to 3.5" last weekend. I have been looking for something to run ever since with no luck at all.

I got my chance today. I dont know what year it was but it was a coupe with manual trans. The guy was driving spirited so I caught up to him and stayed behind him for a few lights. Finally I go around him and give him a little rev. it was a younger guy driving so I was hoping for a run.

After a little messing around we ended up at a light right up front. We looked at each other and I said "whats up" and he smiled and looked away. My heart was pounding waiting for that light to turn green and when it did we both rolled into it. Once I heard him break traction I eased into WOT...

...and put a car on him. I heard him hit second and I gained another 1/2 car. I hit second right at 50 mph and took it up to 85 and let off. I had about 2 cars on him. When he went past me a few seconds later he was looking at me like WTF!!!

I can not believe how well my car runs with this smaller pulley. Its a whole new beast now...

358rwhp/358rwtq with stock LS1 intake
A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
jeepgclwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:41 PM   #2
MZR_47
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to MZR_47
Re: GTP vs. G35

Smaller pulley = epic. I need to get me a 2.9 here soon, with supporting mods of course. I want the 16.5+ psi

G35 driver would be confused, I can imagine. Could you tell if he had any mods at all? should be able to maybe sneak in a 14 flat at the track now?

Nice kill, keep hunting down more young, unsuspecting kids to race

Silencer Delete | SPT Catback | Megan Racing DP | TEIN Flex Coilovers | Front and Rear Sway Bars | DBA Rotors | TurboXS UTEC | 18 psi
MZR_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 01:03 AM   #3
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

I'd bet he was stock for sure. If we had gone over 100 I'm sure I would have been reeled in and pased. If I can beat a car from a stop up to 100 I beat them in a 1/4 mile. I was trapping at 97mph before the pems and pulley. I dont know if the pulley helps out my top end as much as out the hole but the pems should have opened me up a little.

I hope I'm trapping about 99-100mph now. I'm thinking with a 2.0-2.1 60' I can hit 13.7-13.9... Wont know till I get back from Texas towards the fall...then I hit the track

A4 3.23 lid, pacesetter lts, ory, 243 heads, SLP LMI, ZO6 cam, BBK SSI intake, 85 mm
Old 06-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #4
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgclwj
I'd bet he was stock for sure. If we had gone over 100 I'm sure I would have been reeled in and pased. If I can beat a car from a stop up to 100 I beat them in a 1/4 mile. I was trapping at 97mph before the pems and pulley. I dont know if the pulley helps out my top end as much as out the hole but the pems should have opened me up a little.

I hope I'm trapping about 99-100mph now. I'm thinking with a 2.0-2.1 60' I can hit 13.7-13.9... Wont know till I get back from Texas towards the fall...then I hit the track
Where are you in Texas?
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 09:53 PM   #5
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

Somewhere right outside of Dallas...

Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #6
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
Somewhere right outside of Dallas...
Shoulda let me know, lol. We had a cruise last night that we were trying to get some people to go on, woulda been nice to meet up. How long you gonna be in the area?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #7
lightbalt
AF Newbie

I used to be out in the McKinney area now I'm trapped in Iowa, Nice run btw......
Old 06-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #8
jeepgclwj
AF Enthusiast

I've been in Louisiana for almost 6 months now going home every 6-8 weeks for a week or 2. I have always driven my truck but I racked up 16,000 miles on it real quick. So, I decided to drive my car and it was a good idea. I'm having alot of fun with it since the pulley drop.

We have several sand plants that we will be wiring in Texas over the next year. If you wanna hook up and are in the Dallas/ Ft. Worth area I'm game for sure.

I should be in Texas in a week or 2 to start up. I'm in Ruston, La right now (home office). I def. want to hook up and get a few runs in with your car. I have only seen one MS3 and it was driven by some older guy.

Old 06-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #9
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Quote:
I should be in Texas in a week or 2 to start up. I'm in Ruston, La right now (home office). I def. want to hook up and get a few runs in with your car. I have only seen one MS3 and it was driven by some older guy.
Sounds like plan. But if we are gonna run, I might wanna get the gash in my intercooler fixed up, lol.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing