Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
bobgagt1.0
AF Newbie

Thumbs up all high performance under 1 roof!

Hello all!

I hope I am putting this in the right section. If not please admin, contact me about putting it in the right place before deleting it.

Given the fact that for most of us, buying parts for our modding purposes can be difficult in not nearly impossible sometimes since not every source has every item of interest I believe this message will be or great interest to all.

I recently began working for a company that manufactures high performance parts for racing applications. I was offered the opportunity to have my car be a test mule for a new product line to be created in conjunction with a major supercharger manufacturer. Given the nature and generosity of the offer, I accepted. I have been asked to spread the word explaining the plans for this product line and rather than possibly misinterpret what i have been told and lead others to believe this is anything other than what it is I have been allowed to create an "unofficial press release" for the forums which should explain everything. companies have not been named and I can not mention them yet but this is very real and it is happening as we speak. If anyone has any questions about anything in this "press release" please contact me at my new email

bobatrpm@gmail.com

An east coast performance component manufacturer with years of successful racing experience has entered into a deal with a leading supercharger manufacturer to develop and market “Plug and Play” bolt on supercharger kits for a wide variety of 4 and 6 cylinder domestic and import vehicles, starting with General Motors 3400sfi equipped automobiles. The test mule for this initial project is owned by forum regular bobgagt1.0

These packages will be different from other supercharger kits currently available for these vehicles in that they will be more comprehensive than existing choices, simultaneously offering larger horsepower gains while maintaining a competitive price point. To further this effort of being consumer cost conscious, a tuner kit is planned and all parts not available within any purchased package will be available for sale separately to maximize the possible horsepower combinations and provide the consumer with the customizability to meet his or her power needs and budget.

As currently planned the Tuner Kit will include a supercharger (the type of which will be disclosed later), all brackets, and hardware. This most basic offering is geared toward the buyer wishing to create specific gains by matching components available individually as well as the beginning enthusiast or the customer on a budget.

A considerable step up is the Stage 1 Kit. This package will include the supercharger, plumbing, blow off valve, 3 bar MAP sensor, and a stage 1remapped P.C.M.

Going further up the ladder of horsepower gains is the Stage 2 Kit. In this incarnation the package will include the complete Stage 1 Kit as well as an intercooler, an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, larger injectors, and a stage 2 remapped P.C.M.

These last 2 packages mentioned above are geared toward giving the more experienced modder options that not only take the aggravation out of gathering the components needed to build the car of his or her dreams but to do it without breaking the bank as well as offer the less knowledgeable enthusiast choices that take the guess work out of how to create desirable power gains.

There are plans for other kits as well, up to and including a complete drag race only application. However since these have not been finalized it would not be wise to go into further detail at this time. Suffice it to say that the ultimate goal is to include products in these packages that are not only high quality but minimize waste in having to discard parts from one Stage when upgrading to a higher level Stage after the initial purchase.

As mentioned earlier, optional parts will offer some customization and even more horsepower to those that decide that the upgrade offered in any package is not enough. These parts are projected to include but may not be limited to, pistons, rods, cranks, cams, headers, high flow catalytic converters, cat back exhausts, and water injection as well as complete long and short block assemblies built to order.

It should also be mentioned that the core of this company has always been in performance transmissions and drivelines. With a long and successful racing history behind them, you will have numerous options there as well. These options will include but may not be limited to automatic and manual transmissions in heavy duty and hi performance variants, limited slip differentials, and axles available in street and race ready variants.

Ultimately the goal of this partnership is to provide consumers who have the “Need for Speed” a better, more cost effective and less wasteful way to get the power they crave. Whether it be a complete race ready package for an adrenaline junky or a simple to install, reasonably priced upgrade for the guy next door that wants his grocery getter to get groceries faster. These options and everything in between will soon be available all in one place, designed and developed to go together and that’s how it should be.

bobgagt1.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

Re: all high performance under 1 roof!

Welcome to AF bobgagt1.0 !

The part included in the mentioned kits sounds good. But the price is what going to make a difference.
You can already buy a 4 or 6 cyl supercharger but they are too pricey new!

Also if you havent you should read the Community Participation Guidelines you should.
Quote:
ADVERTISING
AF has sections where members can buy, sell and trade automotive parts that they themselves are selling, wanting to buy or trading. These sections are only for members and not businesses. Unless prior authorization is given, Advertising is prohibited on the forums. Your membership will be revoked at first such offense. If you feel like advertising, please feel free to contact us.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
bobgagt1.0
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeroinfinity View Post
Welcome to AF bobgagt1.0 !

The part included in the mentioned kits sounds good. But the price is what going to make a difference.
You can already buy a 4 or 6 cyl supercharger but they are too pricey new!

Also if you havent you should read the Community Participation Guidelines you should.

thank you for the heads up about advertising, I know it may look that way but I really just wanted to share info. I hope admin will understand.
as for what's available, I only know the rsm kit and they have issues with it because their design puts the M.A.F. sensor in the wrong place causing the motor to run lean and ultimately damages the engine. if you know of any more I would love to check them out.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #4
bobgagt1.0
AF Newbie

bump
Old 07-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

No bumping allowed bobgagt

And RSM are the only one's, besides the massive Magna
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GA_SS_sm_magna.jpg (30.0 KB, 5 views)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
alero , high , performance , supercharger
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Alero