Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 08:19 PM   #1
corvairbob
AF Newbie

95 lebaron question

i have the 95 lebaron lx and i just started having an issue that i have not yet fried to figure out, so before i start messing with this maybe someone here may have had this and can save me some time.

what i got is a couple of times when i try to start it i get nothing the seats work the headlights do not dime the battery seems fine then if i try a few time's it finally starts. so i can wait until the next time i need to go somewhere and it fails and i spend a few hours tracking this down or maybe some here have had this issue and can point me to it to save a bit of time. it can be the ign. maybe the brake switch the neutral switch or a relay in the start circuit. i guess i can change them all out and get it that way. i guess it could be the starter relay if the starter has one or even the brushes on the starter. but it has not yet failed completely so this make it a bit tougher to find. if someone happens to have the wiring diagram for this car that would be good as i can start tracing it down. like i said is it failed completely it would be easy enough. also i pulled the codes and i have none a steady 55 not even the 10 or is it 12 for the start of codes but i do not thin this car ever gave me 10 or 12 for a start only 55 for end

anyway this has now happened 2 times and only after it has sat for a week or so then it start just fine after that first failure.

so if no one has had this or it is not a common issue then a wire diagram for the start circuit will help for the 95 lebaron. thanks
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 08:18 AM   #2
corvairbob
AF Newbie

Re: 95 lebaron question

ok seems no one has a clue so i will figure this out myself thanks anyway. i think the starter relay is failing. and the next time it does this i will swap out relays with another one and see if i get the issue again then it will be the ign switch but the relay is the easiest to start with. thanks
Old 09-05-2022, 12:29 PM   #3
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

If it does it again bump the shifter to see if it is all the way in park, or pull it into neutral.
Old 09-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #4
corvairbob
AF Newbie

thanks done that before and no difference and i tried the brake thinking it had a brake switch also but mine does not thanks

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chrysler > Lebaron