Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars
Classic Cars Do you just love the classics?
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 03:35 AM   #1
MatthewSan19
AF Newbie

Exclamation Need information to get my car fixed

I was given a 1973 chevy chevelle deluxe coupe but it doesn't run but I have most of the peices and I've tried to do it my self but I failed I had no idea what I was doing with the harness but I was wonder who else I can take this to and if they will put this together for me please I need help with this I was very lucky to receive this at all so if you know how or what can I do get this done. Any tips? Will a General machanic take this?
MatthewSan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 10:19 AM   #2
ctesla
AF Enthusiast

Re: Need information to get my car fixed

Matthew, welcome to Automotive Forums.. i had the 73 S3 Laguna myself.. but electrical is the worst thing to work on; old or new vehicles.. but in Fontana, you are in the heart of SoCal racing and modding; so their are plenty of people to help out..
Bolger Brothers and Vintage Coach are in your neck of woods.. and you do not have to necessarily even take it to their shop.. many techs do side work, as they get to keep the cash; instead of the company.. shop around; Rotolo Chevrolet might have an L1/L2 line tech that would way rather work on a car with 45 miles less of electric and vacuum lines, and no OBDII-- just air, fuel, spark..
also, when i was shortly stationed in the central coast, Fontana had a classic/muscle car show every friday from like april to october.. gotta be some classic car wrenchers walkin around.. and out at the Fontana Dragway, Super Chevy always does a few weekends in between may and august (they usually hit you guys twice, Bandimere Speedway in colo. only sees them once in aug/sept; just before snow)..
all of that said, you also have a WAY better tool than the olden days: the net.. google images, pinterest, super chevy online all might have schematics for you.. and if you find a library, or an old used book store with an old chilton's or haynes (not the newer ones); they had schematics in them..
classiccarwiring.com has color ones for under twenty bucks..
i could email you mine from my laguna, if you want; it is probably pretty close to your coupe classic, but it is black and white..
hope this helps, and hope you get it going this summer..
ctesla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ctesla For This Useful Post:
MatthewSan19 (03-29-2021)

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Classic Cars