Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 08:23 PM   #76
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: F1 Owner on board

Mr. Selldoff, you could buy the upcoming car at christies, it has FULL LM and GTR treatment and other things, it is a unique mclaren.

here is a link with info: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...ight=christies

its chassis #073.

also, good luck getting it into the US
mini magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:25 PM   #77
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

Quote:
Originally Posted by fselldorff
i don't know what the status of the E30 m3 project car. maybe drewtms can answer that. BTW, i just bought an E30 race car to practice with when i have the time. i can't wait, everyone says it's a great car to drive.

NOOOO!!!!! you now have 3/4 of my dream cars

mclaren f1
mclaren f1 lm
e30 race car
e30 m3 sport evolution

is it an e30 m3 race car? would you mind filling me in on the livery? or was it a converted car?
Old 11-07-2003, 08:25 PM   #78
fselldorff
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcarR
The full LM treatment sounds very nice indeed. I imagine it would be 007 if you decided to do it as it is the car that sees most use. Would you change the colour at the same time? Personally i like the black but that blue car with the LM treatment (011) was stunning. Is there any colour you would particularily like? Oh, and when you bought the cars were items such as the McLaren F1 watch and the bespoke luggage cases passed on to you?

Thanks once again. It really is great to be able to ask these questions and I think I speak for all of us when I say we really appreciate it.
yes, somce 068 is a brand new (never been registered) car, it would seem a shame to fool with it. i haven't put much thought into changing the exterior color, but i would probably change the interior, it's nice but a little differnet (cream and grey and brown).

as for the watches, unfortunately i have asked numerous times but it seems to fall on deaf ears. i have to admit i'd probably keep them if i were them too. so, no i don't have any watches.

i do have the luggage though, still in its original plastic so i probably wont use it.
fselldorff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 08:26 PM   #79
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

can i have the luggage, lol
Old 11-07-2003, 09:07 PM   #80
scoob
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcarR
You should consider the BMW M3 CSL (if it's legal in the states). It is supposed to be one heck of a car, with a cracking engines. It would be like having your E46 race car on the road. Quick question if i may, do you have any other classics other than the McLarens, something like a mint E30 M3 evo? (3 F1s and an E30 evo, my idea of heaven )
There's a video of the new BMW CSL at http://www.racingflix.com/recentlyaddedvideos.asp (free registration required) It's from the UK Top Gear program that was broadcast last Sunday. BMW have tried to get the CSL's weight down. Apparently the boot floor is even made of cardboard.

BTW thanks Mr Selldorff for confirming the Morrison theory and being so open. It's great to know that at least one of the LM's has found its way into the hands of a true enthusiast.
scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:12 PM   #81
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: F1 Owner on board

the new csl is NOTHING compared to the E30 M3 Sport Evo IMO
Old 11-07-2003, 09:19 PM   #82
TcarR
AF Regular

i am a massive e30 m3 fan, but i just can't get enough of the new CSL. I was built using traditional BMW philosophies, just like the original M3. It looks good, sounds terrific and apparently handles like a dream. A true enthusiasts car. And that is what BMW does best.
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:24 PM   #83
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

smg? if they had reg. 6 speed they could have saved more weight (smg is something like 200lbs heavier than the manual tranmission) i like it too but the e30 m3 evo sport will prob. always be my favourite bimmer.
Old 11-07-2003, 09:28 PM   #84
TcarR
AF Regular

thats a good point. Although the SMG in the CSL is way better than the ferrari system, i still think paddle shifts are a bit of a gimmick and can't compete with a well sorted manual 'box. Anyway, this is a mclaren forum.
TcarR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2003, 09:48 PM   #85
mini magic
AF Enthusiast

i hate like paddle shifts, i actually don't know why, but i just do. i much prefur manual. i guess it could be nostalgia, i dunno
Old 11-07-2003, 10:35 PM   #86
cche2052
AF Regular

A Couple of Mclaren F1 Qns

Mr Selldorff,

Thanks for being a true gentleman and car enthusiast Your replies and insights are a terrific read.

Personally, living in Australia, i doubt i'd ever get to see (or ride in) a Mclaren unless i planned a trip to UK's Parklane Sigh
I've recently become a nut about this car and find myself visiting this forum on a daily basis. Heh

Anyway, I've always wondered what the approximate maintenence costs are for owning a F1. Excluding taxes and other country-specific costs, what does it cost you to maintain a F1 yearly?
(If this is a sensitive qn, pls don't feel obligated to entertain it

Also, does Mclaren offer upgrades to the car? Although it's the perfect road car in almost every aspect, i'm sure that over time, Mclaren would develop little improvements and offer it to owners such as yourself. Is that the case? I was wondering along the lines of upgraded software, carbon-ceramic brakes, engine refinements, etc.
(I'm not really concerned with stuff like LCD screens and MP3 Players, which, IMHO, are superfluous on a car like the F1)

And finally, a short, shotgun qn. How much does it cost to change the exterior color of a F1?

Thanks in advance for entertaining my qns
It's my dream that one day in the future, i'd have the resources to fully indulge in my passion for cars like you have

Cheers!
-Calvin
cche2052 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 02:36 AM   #87
exoticcarsite
AF Newbie

Re: A Couple of Mclaren F1 Qns

Quote:
Originally Posted by cche2052
Personally, living in Australia, i doubt i'd ever get to see (or ride in) a Mclaren unless i planned a trip to UK's Parklane
upcoming event in nsw to see a mclaren f1 in the flesh, aswell as xj220 vipers etc etc.... click here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Childrens Hospital Fund Raiser

Some of the magnificent and rare vehicles on display include Aston Martins, Bentleys, Corvette Stingrays, Jaguars including the rare XJ220, Dodge Viper, Ferraris, Custom Harley Davison trikes, Hummers, Lotus Elise, Mercedes, Pontiac Firebird, Porsches, McLaren F1, Lamborghini Diabolo, UltIma Spyda, boats and one helicopter.
it will also include eight priceless Porsches from the company'sMuseum in Stuttgart. The $20 million plus collection of Porsches includes the three Le Mans winners etc etc
check it out, entry is about $15 i believe.......
exoticcarsite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 07:11 AM   #88
ronniepetersen
AF Newbie

Mr. Selldorff:

How were you able to make LM03 and 068 meet EPA OBD II requirements?
ronniepetersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2003, 11:13 AM   #89
cche2052
AF Regular

Re: Re: A Couple of Mclaren F1 Qns

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoticcarsite

check it out, entry is about $15 i believe.......

HOLY COW! THanks for bringing that to my attention!
I'll share pics with you guys after the show!

-Calvin
Old 11-08-2003, 11:16 AM   #90
cche2052
AF Regular

Aw man, that was in 1998! I got all excited for nothing..... sigh

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > McLaren > F1