Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 02:38 PM   #1
thejarbo
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to thejarbo
Good first car?

Hey all,
I'm new to the fourm and intrested in buying my first car. After looking into a few cars I came across the tC, and was stunned. The looks and price where just right and I'm just curious to what you guys think about your own tCs. Would it be a good first car?

Thx
thejarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 10:48 PM   #2
aznxthuggie
AF Enthusiast

Re: Good first car?

Yes it would be a good first car.. but that's what i'd say. What are you looking for in a car? is the sole purpose to drive you to school/work and back? are you going to race with it? do you usually drive alone? or with people? what is your budget?.. there are so many things you need to consider before you buy a car, please dont' rush into this, try to do some research first.
aznxthuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 11:32 PM   #3
TheQuietThings
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to TheQuietThings
Re: Re: Good first car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznxthuggie
Yes it would be a good first car.. but that's what i'd say. What are you looking for in a car? is the sole purpose to drive you to school/work and back? are you going to race with it? do you usually drive alone? or with people? what is your budget?.. there are so many things you need to consider before you buy a car, please dont' rush into this, try to do some research first.
agreed, the tC was my first real car, and theres no a doubt in my mind that the car is wonderful, i love it, it outshines many cars in its class, and classes above it.
But, i was stupid when purchasing my first car, as much as i love the tC, i hate the tC, it simply does not have enough get up and go for me. If i was smarter and shopped around a little bit more, i would have probably picked up an srt4. it has 4 doors also, the 2 doors on the tC can get annoying if you have friends.

MAKE SURE YOU TEST DRIVE EVERYTHING BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING!!!
Old 10-20-2005, 03:19 AM   #4
MuscleNRice
AF Newbie

If I had that kind of money I would go for the srt4 or a hot used Z28 or something and then pocket the remainder. I do like the looks of the tc but i think its horses are at about 160. I'm also 17 nearly 18 and have owned a $2,500 1992 acura integra since the day i got my liscense (the day of my 16th bday) and it has given me very few problems, i could only ask for more power.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Scion > tC