Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > CLK
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
bbryant
AF Newbie

Transmission gremlin

Hi, I've been experiencing transmission problems on my 2002 CLK 320. The care has 180,000 miles with a large % of those miles on the interstate between Phoenix and Tucson. Codes came up regarding the 2-3 shift solenoid. I had all of the electronic components replaced except for the control unit. Transmission fluid was pretty clean, Adaptation values were at the highest 50 (top end spec is 180 I believe), no signs of transmission issues outside of the electronics. The symptoms both before and after this servicing, when my 100 lbs teenage daughter drives the car and I am in the passenger seat (I weigh 200 lbs) it will not come out of first gear. No problem when I drive the car with a light weight passenger. When I drive with a 200 lbs passenger the same problem occurs. Usually, I can restart the car and as long as there is a light weight passenger there is no problem. Question: how do I indentify teh weight sensor plug under the seat? I want to unplug it and see if the problem goes away. Is it the yellow plug? Thanks
bbryant is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > CLK