Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 08:53 PM   #1
kenman1717
AF Regular

if anyone has to replace the torque converter cooler on a 6.7 cummins

if anyone every has to replace the torque converter cooler on a 6.7 cummins, the small cooler above the starter with 2 trans lines and 2 coolant lines, take out the starter before you attempt to do this. book time for this is around 2 hrs, I screwed around for 4 before I realized the starter had to come out. I could not find any info regarding this anywhere, alldata, identifix, google, or youtube. the 4 lines might be a bit of a pain to remove, but doable. I had it unbolted, lines off, then discovered the lower part of the bracket was behind the dipstick tube, which is down behind the starter. the lower stud has a ground wire on top, then under it is another nut, the whole stud wanted to come out on the one I did, and its too long to clear the starter, and trying to get those nuts loose with the starter still in is a big pita. but with the starter out, it unbolts and slips out nicely, no need to remove dipstick like I thought. if I had done it in the first place would of saved me a lot of suffering. oh and there is a little engine brace bolted below the starter which has to come off to remove the starter. hope this will help any one having to do this. the bottom of the one I did was rotten and leaking trans fluid pretty bad. but when we went to order it the Chrysler dealer said it wasn't very common, had to wait a week to get from from Arizona, and I'm in alberta Canada.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kenman1717 For This Useful Post:
Chris Stewart (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 07:43 PM   #2
Chris Stewart
AF - Advisor

Re: if anyone has to replace the torque converter cooler on a 6.7 cummins

That's some fantastic info, thanks for sharing kenman1717 !!!

"Cornbread Red", 2001 Dodge 2500,4X4,HO Cummins Diesel,QC,SWB,6spd.,Banks boost&pyro,US Gage fuel press.,Edge Drag Comp,4"exh.,cowl hood, bhaf, black Holley pump, 140gph...13psi WOT, Vulcan Big Line, kevlar/ceramic single disc clutch, cheapo fuel cooler, 8x.010" vco injector nozzles, Cat turbo 62-65-.70A/R, 497hp 1089 tq 8/25/14

Time to turn so's you don't burn.
Chris Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:22 PM   #3
kenman1717
AF Regular

Re: if anyone has to replace the torque converter cooler on a 6.7 cummins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Stewart View Post
That's some fantastic info, thanks for sharing kenman1717 !!!
Your welcome, I figured it would really help someone out, whether diy or in a shop since there is no service info, unless you can get it right from Dodge. There a few other small things but they are straight forward like going through the fender for 75% of it.
kenman1717 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Ram Pickup | Ram SRT10