Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:42 PM   #16
macfan182
AF Newbie

Re: service engine soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripsDad View Post
HELLO. Any help?
just take it to a nissan dealership
Old 05-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #17
TripsDad
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan182 View Post
just take it to a nissan dealership
Not much help there. Nissan and all other dealerships want too much just to check codes. Dealership is 57 miles away and when I called for the vacuum cut valve(Nissan's name) they could not find it in computer or figure it out from description. Had to drive to dealership and show them the part then a mechanic told the parts man what it is in there terms. So, not much faith there.
TripsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #18
Mrbizness1
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripsDad View Post
Not much help there. Nissan and all other dealerships want too much just to check codes. Dealership is 57 miles away and when I called for the vacuum cut valve(Nissan's name) they could not find it in computer or figure it out from description. Had to drive to dealership and show them the part then a mechanic told the parts man what it is in there terms. So, not much faith there.

According to Auto Zone's web site they have a store near you. they will check codes for free. Also if you change a emissions part you need to clear the ecm code or remove the battery cables for a few minutes to clear the codes. If not it can take more than a week and 35+ miles of driving for them to clear on their own.
Mrbizness1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 PM   #19
TripsDad
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbizness1 View Post
According to Auto Zone's web site they have a store near you. they will check codes for free. Also if you change a emissions part you need to clear the ecm code or remove the battery cables for a few minutes to clear the codes. If not it can take more than a week and 35+ miles of driving for them to clear on their own.
Oh, I have been using AutoZone for code reading, was just replying about the go to dealer comment. The codes were reset once more after the part replacement and in just a few driving cycles SES light on once more with 2 codes though both were the same number P1490.
TripsDad is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Altima