Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Super Duty
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
dwhisennand
AF Newbie

Angry Need help!!!!!

My starter went out in my truck and I'm in the process of changing it but I ran into a problem and I need help ASAP. Ive loosened all the bolts, two regular bolts then the two extra long ones plus the nuts for the wires. I still cant get it to even budge. Guys told me to try tapping it with a ball pin hammer and still no luck. I'm scared of possibly messing something else up so I'm not knocking the crap out of it either. If anybody has any ideas I'd appreciate it! Thanks!
dwhisennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 AM   #2
mechhound
AF Regular

Re: Need help!!!!!

Are you sure there isn't another bolt? I've seen that another bolt issue come up a lot of times. You don't mention what year and engine you're working on, and I'm sure not familiar with all of them. If you give the year and engine maybe someone else can help.
mechhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #3
dwhisennand
AF Newbie

Its a 2004 6.0 turbo diesel.
dwhisennand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
diehard150
AF Newbie

I have to do the same(replace the starter) I took a good look at what I'll be getting into by going to Autozone parts and viewed the starter(To see how many bolts there were). I also found out that if there's an oil leak it voids any warranty. If I had to tap on anything it'd be with a ball pinn hammer or a dead blow hammer for safety. Good luck
diehard150 is offline   Reply With Quote