Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #1
kalashnikov89
AF Newbie

Could Someone Please Help Me Valuate this Limited Edition 1963 Thunderbird Sports Roadster?

Hey guys.. thanks for your help!

We have a 1963 Thunderbird Sports Roadster.. The vehicle is a rare factory name badged model. 390 4V with air conditioning fitted with a C6 automatic transmission, swing away steering column, All original, all numbers match. Baby Blue exterior with blue interior with a pristine all electric white top. Original wire wheels runs and drives like new. It has 76,000 miles. Perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition.
In 1963 they only made 455 Thunderbird Sport Roadsters, this is one of them. Also this vehicle is one of 1200 out of all the convertibles made between 1960 and 1963 that were name badged.

I was wondering if you guys may be able to help me out and give me any ideas for the valuation of what this car may be worth? Also what would be the best way to go about selling it for the best price?? Also we were considering selling overseas.. would this be a good idea and how would this be done? Your help is greatly appreciated. Also if any of you are interested in purchasing it as well, feel free to contact me! Thanks !

kalashnikov89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:32 AM   #2
Dave B.
AF Regular

Re: Could Someone Please Help Me Valuate this Limited Edition 1963 Thunderbird Sports Roadster?

At auction, Sports Roadsters generally sell in the $25,000 to $50,000 range - depending on all the usual variables: how nice (and original) the car is, who's in attendance at the auction, how the economy is doing, etc. Your car appears to be in very good condition, so I'd guess it would sell on the high end of the scale.

Where to sell? Any of the 'big' auctions (Mecum, Russo & Steele, etc.) generally get good results, but you have to transport the car to their auction site, pay a hefty commission and hope that an interested seller is either there or watching the auction. Ebay is also a possibility, but they're pretty expensive and you have to jump through their hoops...

One new auction group that's become popular lately with sellers of collector cars is an internet site called bringatrailer.com . They are much more reasonable in their charges and have the advantage of an audience that's made up almost completely of 'car people' (both individuals and dealers). If I were you, I would check out their services - just sign in and watch the action for a few days or weeks. Although I've never bought or sold a car through them, they do get excellent reviews.

As far as selling overseas goes, it's becoming a more and more frequent occurrence. If you're a member of most on-line marque forums, there will be members who have already sold a car overseas and will be able to give you guidance to help you avoid common pitfalls.

In any case, good luck with your sale!

Dave B.
Dave B. is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
classic , ford , roadster , thunderbird
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Cars in General