Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > S-Type
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #1
styperowner
AF Newbie

How many S-Type R's are built each year?

Hello all, I am the proud new owner of a 2003 Pacific Blue Jaguar S-Type R! Gotta tell ya, the car is unbelieveable! Extremely fast, great handling, yet a soft ride over the bumps! I absolutely love it. I was just curious, does nayone know how many S-Type R's were made for 2003 (and each subsequent year)? I am just trying to get a handle on the production numbers so when people ask, I've got the answer.

Thanks,

Ryan
styperowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

Production numbers for S-Type Rs aren't released, but I would imagine that fewer than 6,000 were built in 2003.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:42 PM   #3
hollywooddippa
AF Newbie

Re: How many S-Type R's are built each year?

Way late on the reply here, but this is what I got off of the Jaguar Forum from one of the guys that got the numbers from a Jaguar supervisor.
First Jaguar does their production numbers by year of manufacture, not model year. So like Jan to Dec 2003. There are two model years represented but they only count the manufacture date you find on your door seal.
2002 - 520 were produced
2003 - 205 were produced
2004 - 107 were produced
2005 - 163 were produced
2006 - 147 were produced
2007 - 129 were produced

They stopped making the S-Type for model year 2008 which were all produced in 2007 so that they could retool the line for the XF model.

The S-Type R was supposed to be limited to a 1500 production run but never made it to that number.

I have a 2006 STR myself and have had it for 5 years and have personally put 70,000+ miles on it. All I've had to do is replace the thermostat and an O2 sensor. It's been an amazingly reliable vehicle and easy to maintain. Tires, brakes, and fluids........that's it man. Mine's about to hit 100K.

John
hollywooddippa is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Jaguar > S-Type