Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor Couple 4 and 5 door models.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 06:43 PM   #1
monsequoia
AF Newbie

High RPM issues

I have 2001 kia spectra, manual. My car runs constantly at 2000 RPM at speeds 40-60 Mph and 2500+ over 60 Mph. Everything seems to be OK and the car idles fine around 600-700 RPM. What could be wrong? Any ideas.
monsequoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
nick bamberger
AF Newbie

Re: High RPM issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsequoia
I have 2001 kia spectra, manual. My car runs constantly at 2000 RPM at speeds 40-60 Mph and 2500+ over 60 Mph. Everything seems to be OK and the car idles fine around 600-700 RPM. What could be wrong? Any ideas.
If everything seems to be ok, what makes you think anything is wrong??

I dont know the speed/RPM, but it sounds fine to me. If you think it has changed, you can check for a sticking brake.

The engine is high revving, as well as low power, so you can expect it to revv high at cruising speeds.
nick bamberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
cbeck
AF Regular

on my 2000 manual trans., the gear ratio/fuel economy is sacrificed for power. it runs around 3000 rpm at 60mph as it was designed to do... while alarming if you're used to driving other makes, this just seems to be the kia way... I still wonder if the cars are just designed for 80kph speed limits?
Old 11-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #4
mm6diaz
AF Newbie

I have a kia spectra 2005 and it has the OBD codes 0030 and 2243, the first said heater ckt and the other low voltage heater ckt. please somebody tell me what is happening there. thank you.
mm6diaz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Kia > Spectra | Cerato | Forte | Mentor