Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic
COMPLETELY off-topic Talk about anything other than cars. But you can't be mad and angry in this forum!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 01:20 PM   #31
Jet-Lee
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jet-Lee Send a message via Yahoo to Jet-Lee
Re: How Do I Get Rid Of Flies In My Apt..?

the ziplock-bag-with-water thing REALLY works. Mine is only half-full though. Only get like 1 fly a week inside.
Jet-Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 01:59 PM   #32
RickwithaTbird
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to RickwithaTbird Send a message via MSN to RickwithaTbird Send a message via Yahoo to RickwithaTbird

Yea, I've seen the water bag thing too.

a couple big outside tables covered with food had some water bags over them and there were no flies to be seen.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #33
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

what can you do to stop them flying into a room, i have a big halogen light in my room so i can see when i do my design work, but i have the winodws open (the light makes a lot of heat) and flies are always all over the window. but then they fly into the damn bulb an catch fire and burn an make a nasty smell that's not only really strong it stays for ages. how can i stop this ?

sidenote: 900 posts....whoop !
2.2 Straight six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:08 PM   #34
PBking82
AF Enthusiast

Halogen lights are the ultimate bug-zapper!!!! Seriously I use them in my garage and you just get that smell. All you can really do is put up some air-freshners. Oust Fans work really well. Peace-
PBking82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:10 PM   #35
2.2 Straight six
That thing got a Hemi?

Send a message via AIM to 2.2 Straight six Send a message via MSN to 2.2 Straight six

i'll try that, but being in my bedroom that smell makes me cringe so bad. i'm thinking of making a metal half-sphere to go over the bulb, so the little buggers cant get right up to the bulb itself.
2.2 Straight six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:37 AM   #36
John123john
AF Newbie

For some reason over the last week or so I've had an influx of great big fat flies - the big lethargic ones that don't seem to be bothered about you being near or swatting at them. They seem to be pairing up and I'll find them squatting on my kitchen window, then another couple next to my dining room table. Even in my downstairs loo! My house is clean, I rarely have any food out and surfaces are wiped etc. They are just so disgusting and I'm terrified one of them is going to lay eggs somewhere... What do I do to get rid of them? Is anyone else similarly plagued this year?

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Coffee Break (Off-Topic) > COMPLETELY off-topic