Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-30-2004, 01:09 PM   #1
theborg
AF Newbie

2003 RR a very dangerous vehicle!

This is my first lemon. I thought Land Rover was a quality operation, boy, was I mistaken. My 2003 had the steering column replaced, steering wheel motor failure, noisy ride (wheels/tires/brakes???); on a steep expressway hill it begin to slow down and would not accelerate; and yesterday on the very dangerous expressway, the wheels begin to bounce like crazy (I thought all the balancing weights had popped off) then it emitted a loud squeal and grinding noise that killed the transmission and suddenly lost any ability to accelerate. In short it lost all power and fortunately no 18-wheelers were riding my bumper because I was only able to coast from the fast lane to the left hand side of the beltway (expressway) and wait for a tow truck. Is this the dreaded differential problem? Don't know yet. I hope to find out next week. I really thought I was going to be killed, but thank God, the other motorists slowed down and let me coast to safety. While waiting on the side of the expressway, three cars and one truck crossed the lane nearly hitting me. If this is what RR is all about, they can keep them. In nine years of owning Ford Explorers, the only thing that broke, was the rear window wiper. Hopefully Ford can fix the RR's many and very dangerous problems. RR is a beautiful vehicle...but it is also a very dangerous vehicle as currently assembled.
theborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2004, 05:10 PM   #2
Ebooters
AF Newbie

Re: 2003 RR a very dangerous vehicle!

Hi we have had the same problem in the uk with the steering column i suspect they did not have change it all they had to is back off the motor drive nut ? with the diff this has been subject to a recall and should have been reworked at a dealer by now
ps if you give me full vin number i will check to see if any other recalls outstanding
Ebooters is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque