Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 03:44 PM   #1
LUVMYRR
AF Newbie

Noise when breaking and driving

I traded in my 94 Jeep Cherokee for a used 2000 RR HSE from a reputable used car dealer in Burlingame California, 43K miles in Sep 04, and never had any problems until now. I've only driven 4500 miles. It has been garaged until 3 months ago when we moved; but covered with dupont tyvek and driven 1-2 a week around town except last week while out of town. Whenever I press the break, a hissing sound noise comes on and screeches in the end. Also, when driving I hear a light bumping noise as if I'm driving over a pot hole which seems to come from the left side. The frequency of the sound depends on how fast or slow I'm going. Anyone with this problem? I thought about briging it to the Land Rover dealer in Redondo Beach but I also have an excellent mechanic who has taken good care of my 94 BMW 525i half the price of dealership and am not sure if he's done Land Rovers. Can anyone pinpoint this problem? Thanks.
LUVMYRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Latoretta
AF Newbie

Re: Noise when breaking and driving

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUVMYRR
I traded in my 94 Jeep Cherokee for a used 2000 RR HSE from a reputable used car dealer in Burlingame California, 43K miles in Sep 04, and never had any problems until now. I've only driven 4500 miles. It has been garaged until 3 months ago when we moved; but covered with dupont tyvek and driven 1-2 a week around town except last week while out of town. Whenever I press the break, a hissing sound noise comes on and screeches in the end. Also, when driving I hear a light bumping noise as if I'm driving over a pot hole which seems to come from the left side. The frequency of the sound depends on how fast or slow I'm going. Anyone with this problem? I thought about briging it to the Land Rover dealer in Redondo Beach but I also have an excellent mechanic who has taken good care of my 94 BMW 525i half the price of dealership and am not sure if he's done Land Rovers. Can anyone pinpoint this problem? Thanks.
I just bought my 2006 RR in August. Started with 'check engine' light a little more than a month ago. It took 3 visits, one lasting 5 days before they found the problem. Seems I had a little vaccum leak at lower intake manifold. Then hit the hazard button which is right above the door lock button - and doors wouldn't lock and then tried to lock door with key lock - and the alarm went blasting away for a minute. Now I have this clunking sound similar to what you've described. I thought I had run over something - but my passenger said it was more of a grinding clunking sound. They are coming to pick it up Once again - I'm over in Seattle - but lived in Belmont for over 15 years - so know of the dealership you speak of. Have wanted a RR ever since riding in one 10 years ago - so finally got one, and now this! Very disappointing.
Latoretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 04:33 AM   #3
roverballerina
AF Newbie

Re: Noise when breaking and driving

Does the clunking sound you describe increase in frequency as your rate of speed increases? If so, it may be your bushings. Hope this helps!
roverballerina is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Land Rover > Range Rover | Range Rover Sport | Evoque