Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Storm
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #1
itzaboy
AF Newbie

Exclamation Radiator hose issues

When I try to start my Storm my upper hose doubles in size and when I loosen the cap it is all air. Does this mean blown head gasket or cracked head or maybe both? Or something else completely different?
itzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:43 PM   #2
MagicRat
Nothing scares me anymore

Re: Radiator hose issues

No I would say you are right on the money.

If you had an adapter for introducing compressed air into a cylinder you could verify this problem. Take out the spark plugs and roll the engine over until its at TDC with the valves closed on cylinder #1. Apply compressed air to the cylinder and see if the cooling system pressurizes. Repeat on all cylinders until you find the bad cylinder
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote