Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 05:24 PM   #1
flobiwan
AF Newbie

2011 Ford Fiesta Throttle Body issue

I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta. When it was under warranty, i had to get the throttle body assembly replaced twice after i got a malfunction warning. Warranty repair - no charge. Now i got another malfunction warning and they couldn't diagnose it because the car had been restarted which cleared the code out of the car (stupid system). They mentioned that they thought it might be the throttle body assembly but they couldn't confirm without the code.

So here's my question. Does anyone else know of issues with the 2011 Ford Fiesta's throttle body assembly? If that is the current issue, it seems like it has to be replaced an awful lot. I have 70,000 miles and this could be the 3rd time it gets replaced.

Also, if that is the part that gets bad and its gets worse. What will happen to the car? How will it affect the functioning?

And while i'm on the subject, do dealers not have real mechanics working there anymore? Someone who can get into an engine and diagnose a problem without a code?
flobiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 06:39 PM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 2011 Ford Fiesta Throttle Body issue

If the car isn't acting up then the code can save HOURS of wasted time diagnosing. And time is money.

There are so many modules and controllers on cars nowadays that not having a code can be like walking through a pitch black house that you have never been in before without a flashlight. It's not like before when you made a timing adjustment by turning the distributor.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Fiesta