Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
mdudum
AF Newbie

2002 Toyota Highlander Paint Problem

Hi, so I bought a used forest green, 2002 toyota highlander 3-4 months ago from the dealership. It runs well, the interior is extremely well kept, as with the exterior. I've had to replace a couple items but for the most part it's in amazing condition for its age. The car shines perfectly and ever since I've bought it, I've washed it once a week. When i wash it, I use a common car wash soap mixed with water, and scrub it down, then I dry it; however, I've never scrubbed down the roof because I'm too short...so i just spray it with soap, wash it down, and let it air dry. After a couple nights of a really heavy rain storm, I noticed a spot, around 6x6 inches where clear plastic, or paint, was peeled off and the edges are peeling. One of the pictures shows this. Also, the rest of the roof is filled with these small circles that look dirty but aren't peeling. Again, theres 2 pictures for that. The whole rest of the car shines perfectly, with mild scratches from the previous owner. I've read that this might be clear coat failure, but it doesn't really look that intense, if anything its extremely mild and is only on my roof. Anyone want to tell me what this is, how to fix it, and if so how much it would cost? Someone told me to wax it to add a layer of protection or to spray a clear coat on it. Help! By the way, the white outline of the effected spot is peeling that the sun has it, its clear not white.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (13).JPG (31.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo (12).JPG (118.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo (11).JPG (38.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo (10).JPG (37.9 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg photo (8).JPG (42.6 KB, 2 views)
mdudum is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Highlander/Highlander Hybrid/Kluger