Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Supra > Racing
Racing Discuss racing, share kill stories, provide track info, etc.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:47 PM   #16
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy
Re: Supra vs Skyline

From what I seen and know the Supra would win. At first its gonna look like the Skyline will win, but later on the Supra would catch up and spank it. The Skyline is heavy, and so is the Supra, but the Skyline weighs even more. The Skyline isnt using its AWD on the race (exept for launch) so the extra pounds is gonna be a waste. This is in a straight line, like in the 1/4 or on the freeway. The Skyline would rtake the Supra on a track though, but thats because of better handling and the ATTESSA ETS PRO. When modded Supras can make CRAZY numbers, and so can Skylines, but usually I see the Supras making higher numbers. I've seen way more Supras beat Skylines on vids. I'm very suprised not everybody said the Skyline woulld win. Whenever I say a Supra can beat the Skyline in the straight people cant handle the fact that the very overhyped and bastardised Skyline isnt the car to end all cars.
Old 07-29-2004, 09:45 PM   #17
5 Point 7
AF Regular

Now I MAY be over-looking something here...but why in the hell are Skylines putting Supra engines in and vica-versa?!?!?! What does one side think the other engine is faster/more capable, and the other thinks the same?? I think that is complete ass-nine, and someone PLEASE explain. If you like the Skyline engine, get a skyline. Like Spras engine, getta supra!

5 Point 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:57 PM   #18
EvoCrazy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to EvoCrazy

When people do engine swaps like then it may be for a number of reasons. Maybe they like, the RB26DETT engine, but like the Supra looks better. Or maybe they want attention like Top Secret. Who knows. I like the power of Supra engines, cause once those cars go, they are GONE. And from what I know the 2JZ-GTE engines are easier modded. But suspension, and computers wise, the Skyline is more advanced. Put it like this. The Skyline is more of a track car, and Supra is more of a drag or top speed car.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:42 AM   #19
DarkStarRacing
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Supra vs Skyline

stock for stock a 94 vspecii will spank a mkiv tt 6spd. weighs in at a little over 3100 . and lately ive seen them run very very low(like practically flat) 13's stock at tracks(including stock tires).
DarkStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 05:22 PM   #20
want a supra
AF Enthusiast

but what if it wasn't a gt-r just a gts thats FR too and it has a rb25det
want a supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 09:39 PM   #21
jcsaleen
AF Fanatic

Depends children...

Hks r33 GTR hmm fastest skyline to date I think runs low 8's an possiblys sevens.

Power u guys want veilside duh. Street drag bnr34 ran 1668 hp! on the dyno How ever they re veilside supra is fast as well but the rb's are still my fave ask for the future as I so heard from V quicky the Vq (skyline engine for all you supra enthusiasts) has a supposed maxd compasityof 1500 hp. So supra people have fun tryn to match best supra to date have to say JUN.
" ~ Igor
jcsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 12:17 PM   #22
DarkStarRacing
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by want a supra
but what if it wasn't a gt-r just a gts thats FR too and it has a rb25det
why would you buy a skyline that isnt a gtr? doesnt make sense to me. but stock for stock them the mkiv would win against a gtst
DarkStarRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 03:10 AM   #23
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
How about a GTR with this engine?

In this car?

This car should weigh about 2900 with me in it. The engine will put out clost to 700/700 at 6500rpms. My ony limiting factor is the suspension, that is why I am here. What mods do the Supras do to get them to launch?

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #24
2jzForMe
AF Newbie

Skyline freaks are to arrogant

Hate to burst your bubble guys but the fastest full weight street legal supra is faster then the fastest full weight street legal gtr. I see all you guys talking about AWD WILL HELP IT WIN IN A STRAIGHT LINE. At high power levels this is not true. If anything it'd give the car a disadvantage. As for power figures 1600 is an average "HUGE HORSEPOWER" supra. Marko in the states is making something like 2100Hp. Round a track its also pretty even but gtrs definetly have the edge. The fastest supra in the world does not have a rb26 in it. People do engine swaps because they get bored following trends. Top secret swapped their supra to a rb26 because the 2jz was reknowned for its huge torque, which they complain was shredding their tyres *shrugs*. In 98 i think it was they had a 3sgte in their supra *shrugs again*. So the answer, 1/4mile or highway a supra will blow the doors off a gtr. On the track id give the win to the skyline, although it can be VERY close with the right suspension setup on your soop
2jzForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #25
Alex_me
AF Newbie

I like both don't know what to say but i definately preffer the Supra.
Alex_me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:11 PM   #26
HondaChili
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to HondaChili
Re: Skyline freaks are to arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jzForMe
Hate to burst your bubble guys but the fastest full weight street legal supra is faster then the fastest full weight street legal gtr. I see all you guys talking about AWD WILL HELP IT WIN IN A STRAIGHT LINE. At high power levels this is not true. If anything it'd give the car a disadvantage. As for power figures 1600 is an average "HUGE HORSEPOWER" supra. Marko in the states is making something like 2100Hp. Round a track its also pretty even but gtrs definetly have the edge. The fastest supra in the world does not have a rb26 in it. People do engine swaps because they get bored following trends. Top secret swapped their supra to a rb26 because the 2jz was reknowned for its huge torque, which they complain was shredding their tyres *shrugs*. In 98 i think it was they had a 3sgte in their supra *shrugs again*. So the answer, 1/4mile or highway a supra will blow the doors off a gtr. On the track id give the win to the skyline, although it can be VERY close with the right suspension setup on your soop
I was just going to reply to the earlier comment regarding smoky Nagata-san's Supra. Both the RB26 and @jz have its ups and downs. Before we all go into how much 2093092039 hp an engine can produce the car has to be able to run the times. I have 97 Bpu+ supra 6spd. I love the car but to be honest the U.s. Spec supras are faster than the JDM ones. And if you search the long lines of Gtr's in Japan they will pwn the Supras day and night. GTR's have a long line of heritage so the tuners over there choose the RB over the 2JZ. A supra making 1600 bhp compared to a 1600 bhp r34 is not going to equal because the skyline is putting that power down on all 4 wheels. I recently asked a shop owner of car accessories (who is japanese and was in the car schene while living in Japan) about Supras in Japan and his answer was that the Supras are barely noticed. Most fast 1/4 or mile runs are won by streetable GTR's. I believe I seen some in the 7's. Titanmotorsports (or one of the more popular tuners in U.s.) recently hit a low seven mark. The difference here is that there are more GTR's that can do it and they are owned by regular salary men and not just shop cars.

X 1993 MR2 Turbo X

New Project - 1997 Toyota Supra TT Limited Edition.

HondaChili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #27
adamgtx
AF Newbie

The skyline not being sold here really helped show what the supra can do.
Put some usa supra tt against jdm gtrs in the 1/4 supra almost ever time
Old 01-29-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
Mr. Tweek
AF Newbie

It's hard to compare two cars that were never meant to be compared. They're completely different from one another. One has an all wheel drive set up, that is if it's a gtr, and a 2.6l twin turbo. The other is rwd and has a 3.0l twin turbo. That's almost half a litre difference. Either one can be faster than the other depending on the car's weight, wheel horsepower, and the driver. i don't believe one car can ever be "fully modded". Then what is the race? Top end? 1/8 mi? 1/4mi? Race course? I think the best comparison could be made between an R33 series 2 gts with an RB26DETT swap and a MKIV Supra with a 1JZ-GTTE. Although the GTS Skyline never came stock with an RB26 and a MKIV never came stock with a 1JZ. Almost direct comparison though: Both rear wheel drive with lsd, roughly same weight, series 2 r33 came around in 1996-1999, around the last days of the US having the Supra, and finally the skyline having a 2.6L TT and the Supra with a 2.5L TT. Point 1 L difference is much better than .4. Although the Series two came with a 2.5L stock on most occasions(rarely a 2.0 inline 6), it's a single turbo. So from a dig to the top end, completely stock, supra would most likely jump the line, skyline would lead up to around 120 or, and then the Supra would take top end.
Mr. Tweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:49 AM   #29
300zxMaster1
AF Newbie

first of all, the purpose of the skyline was to mash your brain through the corners. It was made as a car that can turn well and set lap times. The supra wasnt. I have nothing against the supra, but compared to the skyline its no competition. yea it might go faster in a straight line but once the bends come it will be passed for good. and its not that hard to make a car fast on a straight line if you have the money, hell, you can make a pick up run ridiculously fast times on the quarter. to me the cars are in a different league, the skyline is made for the hardcore, while the supra was made for, well going in a straight line i guess. The supra is one of those cars that is on its own, the skylines and nsx's are in the business of cornering and lap performance while another maybe close competitor the 300zx or vr-4 are in a separate category because they are way cheaper and dont really compare to a supra that much( however a 300zx TT modded with some love can spank any car out there). there is no real comparison between the supra and skyline because they were made to do different thing.
300zxMaster1 is offline   Reply With Quote