Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 05:58 PM   #1
georgiadad
AF Newbie

1995 civic

What motor should i put in it.I have a d16a in it now.Any help would be appreciated.
georgiadad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
vtechonda4life
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 civic

i have a d15bvtec,i really want to boost,would that be any good thu?
vtechonda4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:50 PM   #3
jasonnastley
AF Newbie

do you have a Civic EX grade ?
jasonnastley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
MikeCStig
AF Regular

You have a lot of options, you just have to decide what you want from your car and how much you're willing to spend.

One of the most popular is a B16A swap. These are the engines from the Civic Si (USDM), Si-R, and type r (JDM). It's easy, it works with little or no modification to the engine mounts. It may even work with your current transmission. You also have DOHC VTEC and high compression, so you'll want to go all motor. A turbo won't do much good with this engine. What you get with a B16A is the type of engine that does its best work at the top end (6000+ RPM)

Another swap worth looking at is a B18A or B18B (Integra LS/GS) Theyre lower compression non vtec DOHC engines that respond very well to forced induction. You can also put a B18C (GS-R and type-R) head on pretty easily. This is often known as the LS/VTEC swap and its very popular for good reason. Using the LS block will cut the cost of trying to find a complete B18C (they're not cheap). And it's a more versatile setup. You can go forced induction or swap out the pistons and/or camshafts for higher compression and go all motor with good results.

One more I'll bring up is the H22A (preludes from '92 on). This one is a bit tricky because you'll need a mount kit and some other modifications But it would be a great engine to have in a civic. Plenty of power both mid-range and at the top end. It's not an easy swap, but a lot of people say it's well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtechonda4life View Post
i have a d15bvtec,i really want to boost,would that be any good thu?
Maybe with a small turbo, a big turbo on an engine that small would lag pretty badly. You are somewhat limited because you can only get so much out of a d-series engine. That's why these swaps are so popular.
"Ok, systems check; the battery is discharging, the oil temperature is very high, the oil pressure is very low, the engine temperature is off the end of the scale, I'm running out of petrol... but the clock is correct!"
-James May, in an old, worn out Lamborghini purchased for less than £10,000.
MikeCStig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:18 PM   #5
jasonnastley
AF Newbie

Japanese D15B Vtec engine will be the best option.
jasonnastley is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat