Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Wheels/Tires/Suspension
Wheels/Tires/Suspension All the handling help you need. No matter what Honda/Acura you drive.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #1
MauveCloud
AF Newbie

Active/Semi-active suspension options for 2010 CR-V 2WD or 2008 Civic Hybrid?

My family has these two cars, but my father is ultra-sensitive to road bumps (I'd rather not go into the details of why). Both of these are smoother with default suspension than the 1994 Saturn SL2 I had before, but I am still wondering if there are better suspensions that would fit either - preferably active or semi-active, since my understanding is that passive suspensions are a tradeoff between smoothing out the ride and reducing body roll. (and I'm worried that getting a smooth enough ride for my father with a passive suspension would increase the body roll to the point that it's undrivable)

I don't know if I'll be buying them anytime soon, even if they exist, and I'd let the Honda dealership install them, since I'm a computer enthusiast rather than a car enthusiast (plus I live in an apartment complex and they don't allow tinkering with cars on the property), so you might include a guesstimate of the cost of that when suggesting an option. The videos of the Bose suspension impressed me, so I'm sad they're not available as aftermarket options, but I think I saw somewhere an estimated price for it of around $10k, so I'd rule out suspensions that would cost more than that, but I'd consider saving up for suspensions that cost less than that.
MauveCloud is offline   Reply With Quote