Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 09:58 PM   #1
Turbo711
AF Newbie

Vk56de

Hey I just heard of the VK56DE swap. Does it really fit in a Z32, and doesn't it weigh a rather lot? Plus what tranny do you use, certainly not the Titans?!!! I've searched the forums and can't really come up with any info on the engine itself either.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:58 AM   #2
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to k3smostwanted
Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo711
Hey I just heard of the VK56DE swap. Does it really fit in a Z32, and doesn't it weigh a rather lot? Plus what tranny do you use, certainly not the Titans?!!! I've searched the forums and can't really come up with any info on the engine itself either.
it will fit...i dont know how much modification it will take but im sure it will fit. it isnt that heavy at all...aluminum block V8, shouldnt weigh any more than the iron block VG30DE(TT).

as for the tranny...i dont know. the VG30DETT transmission maybe be able to be bolted to it and hold the power rather well but im sure it will need some kind of custom adapter.

overall, i think it will be a rather difficult swap but if you can do it...it will be well worth. never ending powerband of torque.

i personally would look more towards the VH45DE. still very powerful but this swap has been done numerous amounts of times and i know their is a guy that makes a complete kit to do the swap.
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-25-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
Turbo711
AF Newbie

Does anyone have any picks of a VH45DE in a Z32's engine bay. I've seen them in Datsuns, but I wanna know how they fit in a Z32 before I buy either.
Old 07-25-2005, 11:46 PM   #4
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo711
Does anyone have any picks of a VH45DE in a Z32's engine bay. I've seen them in Datsuns, but I wanna know how they fit in a Z32 before I buy either.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, inside joke.

Go into the "Forced Induction" section of the "Cars in General" forum and find a bag of wind called Zgringo. Get him to send you pictures of his "450Z". You'll have to ask him on a thread though, he's no longer accepting PMs.

If he actually does manage to get some pictures for you do me a favor and send them my way.

Warning: Objects in mirror aren't as fast as they thought they were.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:52 AM   #5
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Re: Re: Vk56de

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke_as_****
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, inside joke.

Go into the "Forced Induction" section of the "Cars in General" forum and find a bag of wind called Zgringo. Get him to send you pictures of his "450Z". You'll have to ask him on a thread though, he's no longer accepting PMs.

If he actually does manage to get some pictures for you do me a favor and send them my way.
never settled that, ehh???
ZedEx Crew Member #4
Old 07-26-2005, 01:17 AM   #6
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Well I wasn't really trying to bring this public but since he's decided he wants to run away, then come back and not face me about it I will.

After trying to BS in that Supercharged cars vs Turbocharged cars bit we got into a while back, I politely asked him for pictures of this 450Z and he sent me that cruddy photochop he put in his sig.

I asked him why he claimed he ran Pro-Mod when he is not in any of the results. Why he isn't listed at an event he said he was at. Why we've never seen any pictures of anything he said he's done. You know, almost as if he made everything up. He spat back some BS and then left. He stayed away from AF for a few weeks then started posting in the Force Induction section again. Hasn't answered any of the PMs I sent and now doesn't accept them at all.

I know what BS smells like and ever since he first showed up Zgringo stank of it.

Old 07-26-2005, 01:54 AM   #7
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Here's the engine prior to being installed

Here's the engine after it is installed

Here;s the car it went into

Old 07-26-2005, 02:10 AM   #8
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

I didn't know I had to report to you and get your approval, but being you braught it up, below is the the places we were planning on running. We have a new car and it's had some problems and we never got to qualify for any of the ones we went to. Plus do to health reasons my part of LAMP Racing no longer involves me. A few of my close friends are aware of this and I didn't know I had to have your approval or have to answer any of your questions. As for smells, I think it's your underwear.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:13 AM   #9
-The Stig-
On Fire!

Send a message via AIM to -The Stig-

Now now boys... lets be Civil...

We can do that right?

User Guidelines It's important to read, like the Bible. But unlike the Bible we will strike you down if you jerk off around here.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:21 AM   #10
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Yeah we've seen two out of three and those aren't anything that can't be pulled off the web.

How about you answer my original request with the paper inscribed with "Broke is a drunk" on your 450Z intake manifold?

Or even better how about you get your "girlfriend" in a picture with that car.

Or maybe some pictures of that stock bodied 300 mph ride your were building.

Or perhaps some sponsor rosters for the companies you claimed as such.

With all of your extensive racing background you think there would be pictures something.

I'm making simple requests based on things you have claimed and I would think that with your extensive racing background you would be familar with the concept of being able to back up what your brag about.

Redneck, I was civil, when he ran away and I didn't even gloat, I let it drop. Then he came back and tried to hide instead of facing me like he had a pair. Don't work like that. I would have kept this to PMs but he cut that off because he knows he doesn't have answers to my questions.

EDIT: First picture Zgringo posted up there is off Ebay. Can't even be bothered to edit it out?

Old 07-26-2005, 02:40 AM   #11
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Post a picture of a VH45DE sitting on the floor...Then post a picture of a VH45 with a supercharger on it...the car you'll have to go to Utah to get a picture of it.

And my "girlfriend" is home how so that would be alittle hard.

Pictures of the 300MPH ride we were building...got some pics of it....

Sponsers I gave you a couple names to you

I wasn't hiding. I'm not reguired and I don't know who appointed you to check on what I have or haven't done.
If I wahted to hear from a a$$hole i'd have farted.

Now when you start paying the bills and your name is on a contract then I'll answer to you till then.
Have a nice day.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:41 AM   #12
Zgringo
AF Fanatic

Post a picture of a VH45DE sitting on the floor...Then post a picture of a VH45 with a supercharger on it...the car you'll have to go to Utah to get a picture of it.

I wasn't hiding. I'm not reguired and I don't know who appointed you to check on what I have or haven't done.
If I wanted to hear from a a$$hole i'd have farted.

Now when you start paying the bills and your name is on a contract then I'll answer to you till then.
Have a nice day.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:57 AM   #13
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
It's called "Google". Give me some time and I'll find a picture of Jesus drinking with Dolly Parton.

Quote:
Right, how many PSI she hold?

Quote:
And they would be where?

Quote:
Directly from the PM:

As for past and hopefully new sponsers for LAMP, IPT Performance Transmission, Red Line Synthetic Oil Corp.
and STS was wanting to come on board just prior to LAMP's withdraw from racing.

Right, so how about a roster off their websites that has "LAMP"s name on it. Or how about a picture of a contract with both afore mentioned names on it? And you know, not written in crayon.

Quote:
If I wanted to hear from a a$$hole i'd have farted.
As stated, I figured you would be familiar with having to you know, actually have done the things you brag about. Apparently not. And frankly, at your reported 70 years of age I wouldn't recommend farting. You'll probably fill your pants and stink even worse.

Quote:
Have a nice day.
Right, when your parents aren't paying for your internet and your name is on the title to a Z then come back and talk. Have a nice puberty.

As you can see folks, Zgringo has nothing substancial to offer to back up his statements.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:04 AM   #14
Broke_as_****
AF Enthusiast

AHAHAHAHAHAHAA....

Oh my that is rich. I got my picture of a VH on the floor and I am working on that picture with a supercharger on it

EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE THE ONE WHO CLAIM YOU OWN ONE AND NOT ME

and I found this:

http://www.tangentrix.com/forums/vie...9aabde27193923

I see you're famous other places too. And apparently you can't hide your stink no matter where you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HakenTT
coward albert (zgringo) did not show up last night at speedworld race way. Lieing bastard is telling me to get $1K ready and thats what I did. Albert you liar we are still waiting on your Car's pictures here!!!!! Where they at. Show up or shut to F up man.

Old 07-26-2005, 03:22 AM   #15
k3smostwanted
Z Cars Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zgringo
Here's the engine after it is installed

after the further examination...that picture isnt even a Z32 engine bay.

here is a picture of a Q45 engine bay below...if you look closely and compare the 2 pictures. you can obvously see the cowl in the above picture, posted by zgringo, is the same exact cowl of that of the picture beneath in which i borrowed from cardomain.
ZedEx Crew Member #4

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)