Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A
Car Buying Q & A Ask a question, get an answer; it's that simple. Visit AutomotiveHelper.com for useful car buying tools and research. Also, check out Vehicle History Reports to help you avoid chances of finding a lemon.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-17-2001, 09:54 AM   #1
sweetpea74
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetpea74
Question Can you help me? Need to know how to find amount of equity is in my car.

I have had my car for 14 months and need to get a larger vehicle. I need to know how much equity I have in my car so that I am not getting ripped off.
Old 11-19-2001, 12:17 PM   #2
YogsVR4
Funding the welfare state

Send a message via AIM to YogsVR4
Look at www.kbb.com at the used car listings to get an idea what its worth. Selling a car thats only 14 months old means you are going to take quite a depreciation hit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
Old 11-19-2001, 02:08 PM   #3
enginerd
AF Enthusiast

I'm afraid equity in cars is like saying jumbo shrimp. You've a greater chance of getting hit with spacelab than making money on a car. I'd see how much you owe on it and look in the paper and see how much similar cars are going for and figure out how much you could realistically get for it and make up the difference with cash or a signature loan. I'm trying to sell my car and plan on taking a 700$ hit on it. (P.S. never borrow money on a car-you will always lose) My next car will be paid for cash-money and I'll never worry about selling a car again.
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 05:25 AM   #4
SpeedFan
AF Newbie

Re: Can you help me? Need to know how to find amount of equity is in my car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea74 View Post
I have had my car for 14 months and need to get a larger vehicle. I need to know how much equity I have in my car so that I am not getting ripped off.
Calculate current used cars values. Free valuations for every used car up to fourteen years old.
SpeedFan is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Buying Q & A