Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Buick > LaCrosse/Allure
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:28 AM   #1
polarzak
AF Regular

2007 LaCrosse rear end clunk

My wife's Lacrosse has this clunk in the rear I hear when going over a small bump or on occasion just when the suspension moves slightly. It actually sounds like it is coming from the trunk. I have checked for anything loose.... suspension, shocks, brakes, muffler hangers, inside the empty trunk, spare, etc. and can find nothing loose or hanging. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

EDIT...Well after five days, and 161 reads, I guess no one has has this problem or any ideas. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by polarzak; 05-14-2012 at 06:00 AM.
polarzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #2
jjchevy
AF Newbie

Re: 2007 LaCrosse rear end clunk

My 2008 does the same thing only on a right turn sounds like it is coming from trunk, oddly enough i have only ever had it happen at the corner near my house never anywhere else and I have noticed "wear groves" in the road where everyone tracks but it doesnt make sense it is very intermittent and I think it may be on this one right turn becuase it is a pretty sharp right but still can't figure it out. I think it has to do with speed of the turn.
jjchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:45 AM   #3
GMCustomerService
AF Regular

Re: 2007 LaCrosse rear end clunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjchevy View Post
My 2008 does the same thing only on a right turn sounds like it is coming from trunk, oddly enough i have only ever had it happen at the corner near my house never anywhere else and I have noticed "wear groves" in the road where everyone tracks but it doesnt make sense it is very intermittent and I think it may be on this one right turn becuase it is a pretty sharp right but still can't figure it out. I think it has to do with speed of the turn.
Is this something you were thinking about getting looked into, jjchevy? I understand if not, just wanted to state that if you work with a dealership on this I'm available to assist in that process in whatever way I can.

Best,
Sarah
GM Customer Service
GMCustomerService is offline   Reply With Quote