Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:06 PM   #16
del soul
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to del soul
the H22A idea is a bad one for me. one because im broke as hell and two because i have no money, making me broke as hell. Ill prolly end up throwin a b18c1 in there because theyre plentiful and wont own my wallet, although ill keep my current engine in for a while because it has low milage and i sorta like it
Old 10-06-2004, 11:16 PM   #17
Plastic_Fork
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: H22A power

Quote:
Originally Posted by CivicSpoon
Yeah it must have been a while ago, because I've seen it done online before and hasport's mounts are listed for the civic, integra, and del sol. But I doubt it'd be too nose heavy with the h22 in it, it only weighs like 35 or something lbs more than the b16a does: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=684550 It's amazing how much crap gets spread around online, hell I've read about it being 180lbs+ heavier in published books before (you'd think the companies would do more research before printing lies if they're going to try to inform people better). It's just the way the motor sits (tilted back slightly) so the unevenly balanced weight of the motor throws the cars front end balance off a little.

But this is definently not a swap for someone who has no experience. Chances are you'd end up breaking axles like crazy if you can get it to run right. Oh and my 4G's was for doing it yourself and with regular maintenance parts (T-belt, clutch, flywheel, oil and filter, etc). My buddy did the swap in his '95 civic for a little over $5G's about 2 years ago; but he bought an lightened flywheel, had to buy a new tranny when his blew a hole, and some other stuff I can't remember off the top of my head.

Honestly del soul you might be better off getting a GS-R or ITR swapped instead. Sure it won't have as much hp or tq but it'd be a hell of a lot easier to swap in. Don't let me deter you though, because when I do a swap in a year (not holding my breath on that) the H22a is on my list of possibilities.
Gotta agree with you there. The H22A will fit in the Del Sol's engine bay and will only weigh the nose down by about another 70 pounds after installed with all the necessary hardware. It's really a decent swap, but it's more problematic due to the installation of the engine more than any issues it creates from it being in there. It'll fit, just takes a little more time, money, and troubleshooting.

I know of three or four people with this swap in their Del Sol on the Team Sol forum. The motor sits tilted back a bit more yes, but the main problem is that the H22A pitches toward the firewall when rotating instead of toward the radiator like D and B series engines. That causes the slight difference during driving, but it's not enough to cause issues. Just get a decent suspension setup and get aftermarket axles 'cause H series axles won't fit the Del Sol I don't believe.

B series would be best in my opinion for a swap due to a number of reasons, but each to their own.

1995 Honda CRX del Sol VTEC
Manufactured: Suzuka, Japan
Production Sequence #1269

Team Del Sol member #1131
HondaVision: Team Sol Forum - Home of Team Del Sol

Old 10-16-2004, 03:49 PM   #18
97SilverSol
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 97SilverSol
Re: H22A power

it will fit in under the hood ive seen like 3 del sols with it in all you gotta do is get new mounts and i beileve that hasport makes mounts for that motor
Old 10-16-2004, 04:35 PM   #19
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: Re: H22A power

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97SilverSol
it will fit in under the hood ive seen like 3 del sols with it in all you gotta do is get new mounts and i beileve that hasport makes mounts for that motor
There is a lot more to it than just getting new mounts There is also cutting involved, getting the right axles, wiring. It's not a bolt-in swap like a b-series is.
Old 10-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #20
SiGNAL748
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to SiGNAL748 Send a message via MSN to SiGNAL748
H22's do fit in sols. Its been done succesfully many times. (And yes in the engine bay, not shoehorned into the trunk)

Is it a hassle? Yes.
Is it worth it? Definitely more worth it than a B-Series Swap if you're looking for raw straight line speed. But ONLY if you do it right.
Would I recommend it? No.
Old 11-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #21
97SilverSol
AF Regular

h series fits in a del sol..... just to let you know
Old 11-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #22
97SilverSol
AF Regular

lol wait ive posted here b4 ignore that
Old 05-11-2005, 03:51 AM   #23
DragonSol
AF Newbie

it is very possible

hate to disappoint GScivic7 and his fellow skeptics,, but it is very possible to fit both h22a and h23a jdm engine blocks into a del sol. heres proof......

http://www.cardomain.com/id/solsurvivor

anyone who wishes to argue should do the freakin homework before opening their mouth!
yes it will cost a bundle. the engine itself in good condition from the JDM is anywhere from 3 to 5k; depending on whether you want the stock JDM engine or the type-s JDM engine.

i do my homework every night people. because this is the engine swap i plan on doing.

lates
Old 05-15-2005, 09:48 AM   #24
94SolGrl
Honda GODDESS/Global Mod

Send a message via AIM to 94SolGrl Send a message via MSN to 94SolGrl

I'm gonna lock this because it's going nowhere. Yes, H22 and H23 blocks fit in the engine bay, or you can put them in the trunk if you so desire. If you want more information on it, search this forum or the internet. Engine swaps have been covered MANY times.

HOW TO POST PICS!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Del Sol