Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
southstylestang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to southstylestang Send a message via MSN to southstylestang Send a message via Yahoo to southstylestang
Unhappy need help quick for dieing grandpa

hey i have a '50 ford custom pickup from revell and my grandpa gave it to me not to long ago. he used to have one in real life and wanted a model of it. i just got word that he is very sick and has brain cancer and its doing good at all. the way i see it is i only have about a week or 2 to get this truck done and up there to him. i just think it would be nice to build it b4 he goes. i dont have any pics of what his truck looked like so im just kinda going by what i can. the only problem is i dont have the instructions to put the model to gether. if anybody can help me get these instructions i would be so grateful. i really want to get this thing done and im running out of time and pieces to paint so i need help bad. thanks in advance. dereck
southstylestang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 04:03 PM   #2
DSM-Mark
AF Enthusiast

Re: need help quick for dieing grandpa

I can't help you with the instructions, but I'll offer a bit of advice, if I may:

1. If it is really serious, and you have the opportunity, your grandpa will appreciate it much more if you spend time with him, than if you were to build the model for him... I'm not saying that to say you're stupid for wanting to build it or anything, just that time spent with him will be much more valuable to both yourself and your grandfather.

If you do plan on building the model, concentrate first on getting the body completed. It is the most visible part of basically any model, and needs time to be done properly. The interior/engine bay, if needed, can both be completed in very short time (especially with spray paint instead of brush paint).
Old 03-08-2005, 04:31 PM   #3
southstylestang
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to southstylestang Send a message via MSN to southstylestang Send a message via Yahoo to southstylestang

i understand about the spending time with him but right now i cant spend the time with him. hes too busing going to the doctors and stuff thats why im trying to do it while hes with the doctors and getting his will finished. im working around the clock and his schedule. im spending time with him when he can and doing the model while hes with the doctors. but he also lives about an hour and half away from me and my car is messed up and im starting a new job soon working 5 days a week. so my schedule is pretty messed up right now. i have to get my car done, be with him when he can, start work, and get this model done. and to top it all off i just lost my g/f b/c of all of this so yeah this is all getting to me and pretty upsetting but im doing it for him. its what he wants.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Hawk312
AF Enthusiast

I can`t help you with the instructions, but I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I will pray for him and your family during this hard time. I feel for ya....

1/12th `69 Z/28 Camaro and 1/12 `67 Corvettes
Hawk312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:42 PM   #5
ATMDC
AF Enthusiast

you might be able to go buy another similar kit of like a truck or sumthing if you cant find that one, most revell instructions are similar, so if you kinda know car pieces it could help you, sorry bout your grandpa, i hope that maybe he will be ok
Old 03-08-2005, 10:23 PM   #6
BMW dude
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to BMW dude
Re: Re: need help quick for dieing grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSM-Mark
I can't help you with the instructions, but I'll offer a bit of advice, if I may:

1. If it is really serious, and you have the opportunity, your grandpa will appreciate it much more if you spend time with him, than if you were to build the model for him... I'm not saying that to say you're stupid for wanting to build it or anything, just that time spent with him will be much more valuable to both yourself and your grandfather.

If you do plan on building the model, concentrate first on getting the body completed. It is the most visible part of basically any model, and needs time to be done properly. The interior/engine bay, if needed, can both be completed in very short time (especially with spray paint instead of brush paint).
ya i agree too, build the body first, which u can do it even without instruction, then do the interior, and left the rest of time to brainstorm the engine and chassic

2006 BMW M5 E60 <-- The Latest Ultimate Driving Experience
BMW dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 12:22 AM   #7
lovesmith05
AF Newbie

You have my prayers as well. You should be able to get it together without instructions since you probably arent going to want to take the time to go into a lot of detail. If you are going to paint it you might consider using flat paints. It may not look as sharp but they dry much quicker than gloss paints. You can go back later and go into more detail if you like. If you must have instructions call the company, maybe they could fax them to you??? Good luck and God bless.
lovesmith05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 01:02 AM   #8
primera man
"P-Man"

Send a message via AIM to primera man

Cant help you out on the model but I'm sorry to hear the news about you grandpa.

PMan

Current Build.....1/12 Scale Camaro......Almost finished!!!

View All My Models Here.
primera man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 08:03 AM   #9
Sticky Fingers
AF Enthusiast

Man, I'm really sorry I can't help. This is so sad
Old 03-09-2005, 02:44 PM   #10
atlas000
AF Regular

Sincerest condolences and best thoughts towards any possible recovery.

I've scanned the instructions, you should be able to find them here --> http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...&a=31673683&f=

Click on them once, then again to get full-size. Good luck!

Last edited by atlas000; 03-09-2005 at 05:27 PM.
atlas000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #11
Bobble83
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Bobble83 Send a message via Yahoo to Bobble83
I am so sorry to hear of your grandad's illness. I have been through something like this a few months ago and i know how hard it is to cope with. I can't help with the model, but your grandad, you and your family will be in my prayers.

All the best.

Paul
Bobble83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #12
Amazon
AF Regular

first of all, sad about him going away. So about your `50 Ford. It has a flathead and ther is a VERY good everything-flathead site called Vanpeltsales.com
They have original Ford manuals, exploded wiews e.t.c. of everything from fords flathead era (`32-`53). Also a lot of Truck and so, not all passengercars. Very good reference for detailing wirelooms,cables, e.t.c.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:29 PM   #13
southstylestang
AF Newbie

atlas000 thanks so much for the instructions. amazon thanks so much for that site, im mainly worried about getting it done then im going to do the details. ill be sure to post pics when i get done. and to everybody else thanks for your thoughts.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:16 PM   #14
Raceman
AF Regular

50 ford custom pickup - do you have a pic of the box maybe i can help.
Raceman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling