Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Freestar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #1
Azzkker
AF Newbie

2004 freestar/monterey low tire light

anyone know how to reset the low tire light on an 04 freestar/ mercury monterey? the must have forgot to put that part in the owners manual.

thanks
anthony
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:37 PM   #2
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

Re: 2004 freestar/monterey low tire light

A friend of mine bought an update for his OTC scanner for these systems you might need a scanner to do this. http://www.ntxtools.com/ sells various scanners the cheapest was $38.00. This only will pickup and delete codes.
Ask Auto Zone or Advance if their scanner will shut off this light. My friends was around $3900 but he bought a top line model for all cars. Look at OTC scanners.
Search scanners
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:48 PM   #3
Azzkker
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor
A friend of mine bought an update for his OTC scanner for these systems you might need a scanner to do this. http://www.ntxtools.com/ sells various scanners the cheapest was $38.00. This only will pickup and delete codes.
Ask Auto Zone or Advance if their scanner will shut off this light. My friends was around $3900 but he bought a top line model for all cars. Look at OTC scanners.
Search scanners
i bought A snap on Solus Pro last month and didnt even think to plug it in to see if it was able to be reset with it. i tried all the tricks with the trip buttons like the older fords used to use and no dice. i think the vehicle left Friday but if we still have it in the shop i will plug into it to check it out. BTW, the customer said not to worry about the light and that it had been on since it was a month old and the dealer never did anything to fix it . whatever happened to the good old days where there was a tire pressure light reset button on the fuse block. ah those were the days.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:14 AM   #4
rhandwor
AF Enthusiast

I would ask your snap-on rep. when he comes in and I would appreciate what he says. Will your scanner do it or do you need an update.
rhandwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:36 AM   #5
Azzkker
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandwor
I would ask your snap-on rep. when he comes in and I would appreciate what he says. Will your scanner do it or do you need an update.
the vehicle had left friday so i wont find out till another situation like this arises, but i know i can do the GM ltpms with it. i just didnt think ford had gone the scanner route like gm has so i didnt even think to plug it in. it was a freebie anyway ontop of the big job we had done so im not to worried about it but i will ask my Snap-on rep when he comes by this friday.

thanks
anthony
Old 10-02-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
grog11
AF Regular

You only need to push the odometer button in the dash until the tire listing comes up,
Then hold the button in a few seconds, until the light goes off. Your done, and no scanner needed.

Imagine Ford vehicles having to go to the mechanic every time a tire went soft? I guess that would keep them busy huh?
grog11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #7
Azzkker
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grog11
You only need to push the odometer button in the dash until the tire listing comes up,
Then hold the button in a few seconds, until the light goes off. Your done, and no scanner needed.

Imagine Ford vehicles having to go to the mechanic every time a tire went soft? I guess that would keep them busy huh?
tried that. everytime it would put the cluster in a test mode but would not let me reset the tire light.

not sure what the problem was, but the vehicle has gone so unless they bring it back for something else we may never know as this was just a freebie that i do for customers anyway.

thanks
anthony
Old 08-26-2015, 11:00 AM   #8
bkimbel
AF Newbie

If your Monterey has the same Driver Information Display that my Freestar has, you cycle through the displays until the Low Tire Pressure is displayed, then hold down Reset until it clears.

Be sure your tire pressure is set properly first, then go through the reset. And the Freestar owner's Guide has that in it.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Freestar